Richmond Hill Xpression Condos | ?m | 15s | Zancor Homes | BDP Quadrangle

Thanks UD ...The proposal has been revised (shortened) to 2x 15 storeys

XpressionRender1.jpg

XpressionRender2.jpg

this looks like an incredible improvement to the area, although I feel the drawings are skirting the major issue; will there be ground floor retail and benches out front? is the condo planting and maintaining those trees, or are they just fantasy / municipal trees? in general will this be a turning point for pedestrians in RH, or will there be a fence between an unkempt yard and a three foot sidewalk beside yonge "street", like how most new projects have been?

this looks like an incredible improvement to the area, although I feel the drawings are skirting the major issue; will there be ground floor retail and benches out front? is the condo planting and maintaining those trees, or are they just fantasy / municipal trees? in general will this be a turning point for pedestrians in RH, or will there be a fence between an unkempt yard and a three foot sidewalk beside yonge "street", like how most new projects have been?

I would guess there would be grass between the buildings and the street because the are has many other buildings and homes that are built to a more suburban style such as newish townhouses along the east side of Yonge north of 7, and so planning new developments along Yonge with a fully urban-type streetface would look out of place so a compromise is needed.

What does have to go though is that awful double row of extra tall hydro poles along Yonge.

As of yesterday, one crane on site. Dropping light, drive-by. 2014.05.10

P1380674.jpg

Attachments

• P1380674.jpg
    P1380674.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,144
Getting there. Parts of Yonge in Richmond Hill are urbanizing pretty well. A nice change from all the strip malls and townhomes.

IMG_4607 copy.JPG
IMG_4612 copy.JPG
IMG_4608 copy.JPG

Pics taken from Hillcrest Mall parking lot. Cool new entrance to The Bay Store.

IMG_4611 copy.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4607 copy.JPG
    IMG_4607 copy.JPG
    505.7 KB · Views: 913
  • IMG_4612 copy.JPG
    IMG_4612 copy.JPG
    595.8 KB · Views: 950
  • IMG_4608 copy.JPG
    IMG_4608 copy.JPG
    653.1 KB · Views: 1,307
  • IMG_4611 copy.JPG
    IMG_4611 copy.JPG
    518.6 KB · Views: 1,414
Last edited:
these have turned out better than I thought they would.

And that Hudsons Bay looks WAY better. The old brick facade they had here looked like crap.

Back