Toronto X2 Condominiums | 160.93m | 49s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Well, you're in luck. X2 will not have a protruding mechanical box.

Hey, really! That's terrific. It must be my mistake. I could have sworn I saw a rendering yesterday on site, but perhaps it was my negative bias playing with me. Thanks for the clarification.

Hey, really! That's terrific. It must be my mistake. I could have sworn I saw a rendering yesterday on site, but perhaps it was my negative bias playing with me. Thanks for the clarification.

The original design did have the "protruding mechanical box" on top, somewhere along the line it was changed to be the size of the tower floorplate.

Me suspects someone at Great Gulf read all the negative comments about the mech. room (and the extra height that they applied for) in the original X Condo thread.

The original design did have the "protruding mechanical box" on top, somewhere along the line it was changed to be the size of the tower floorplate.

Amazing. Thanks. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thought it was an eyesore...

I had no idea they were hiding the mechanical on this one! at least now they'll have different silhouettes/rooflines on the skyline :)

Taken today:
In this first shot below, we need one or two 150m+ buildings to fill in that gap between X and Casa.

X2 Condos by stevevephotostream#1, on Flickr

X2 Condos by stevevephotostream#1, on Flickr

Taken today:
In this first shot below, we need one or two 150m+ buildings to fill in that gap between X and Casa.

Casa II and III will fill in that gap a bit, but the tight cluster may not be too visible from that angle.

5 July 2014: Hadn't been at this corner in over a year
ovjQVeY.jpg

And it gave this NimbyTect an idea ... stay tuned ;)

X2 look'n great from all sorts of angles of course :)
M3ZVxs1.jpg

I saw & heard the workers literally staple-gunning these panels--kinda flimsy imo
CUY2FQc.jpg

AHvo6PI.jpg

tuAaKM4.jpg

dDySEYR.jpg

P1400997.jpg

P1400986.jpg

P1400996.jpg

Attachments

• P1400986.jpg
    P1400986.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 761
  • P1400996.jpg
    P1400996.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 760
  • P1400997.jpg
    P1400997.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 755
thx for all the great pics. It looks like they have completed the 49th floor (final residential floor) and now working on the Mechanical penthouse but I'm not 100% sure. Can somebody please confirm.

thx for all the great pics. It looks like they have completed the 49th floor (final residential floor) and now working on the Mechanical penthouse but I'm not 100% sure. Can somebody please confirm.

They are in the mechanical floors and soon will be setting up the roof slab

MECH.jpg

(original photo by interchange42)

Attachments

• MECH.jpg
    MECH.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 708
Last edited:
Thank you for the update, danwaring. how long does the mechanical floors usually take to complete?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the update, danwaring. how long does the mechanical floors usually take to complete?

Can't be certain of exactly how long it will take, but mechanical and roof floors take longer due to concrete beams, sloped slabs to drain etc..., and typically need to be picked up with Scaffold/shoring frames and aluminum beams instead of the truss/flyers used on the typical floors. Your looking at weeks instead of days to pour slabs when you get to roof floors.

Beautiful cladding. This is the way to go if you want to build a condo with balconies, IMO. Wish we could have more proposal like this around the city.

Back