Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

8 November 2009 photo update

^Yeah, yesterday found me in exact same spot: first time in ages. Lucky I always have my camera with me.:D Unluckily, shot didn't turn out so great thanks to bright sunshine. But, here y'all go...:

dsc00871a.jpg

Damn what a hottie! :p

And approaching Bloor from Mt P:

dsc00876k.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!... Insane shots!!!

The glass actually looks nice that day!... I haven't seen it that nice before!

*X condo for some reason looks ALOT shorter than it actually is :(

Thanks. I was going to say the undersides should have the black cladding as well (or paint), but this might just be enough. We'll see.

Thanks. I was going to say the undersides should have the black cladding as well (or paint), but this might just be enough. We'll see.

black balcony underside would be too dark and make the inset balconies feel very claustrophobic; as well as minimize any reflecting light into the units.

With regards to the convorsation about looking better from the N & S, I agree fully. I was going north on Jarvis at night and my God this tower looks sharp!

Wonderful juxtaposition:

IMG_nov-08-09-0125.jpg

I am actually shocked at how much thought has gone into the architectural detailing of this tower. The way the balconies were handled is an A+. It really shows that the architect knew how to stress the verticality. I can't even imagine how Mies himself could have done a better interpretation of his black skyscraper with the adaptation of adding balconies into the design. It would have been safer to forego the balconies but they've made it work here.

Brilliant :)

Great shots!

And... to be honest.... the mechanical floors at the top actually make the building more interesting and less plain :D lol!... yeah... I'm not a fan of X's design... it's a little too plain.....

*I ain't a hater :)

Back