Mississauga Widesuites Condominiums | ?m | 35s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects

from today
20100108016.jpg

20100108040.jpg

20100108044.jpg

Easily the worst tower in MCC ever. Not only the ugliest ever, but also places an exposed, monolithic parking garage directly next to a future LRT line and the busiest transit corridor in the 905. Epic fail in all respects.

And, no, the Kaneff towers don't count because they are technically not located within MCC, and they were built before there was even a concept of MCC.

It's sad that friggin' Fernbrook Homes of all people are the ones pushing the envelope in MCC, while established condo developers like Conservatory Group and Daniels continue build one horrid project after another.

Agreed. That parking garage facade is so hilariously fake looking, not to mention 80's. How out of touch were the designers? Those phony balconies wouldn't fool Ray Charles.

On the bright side, the parking garage is so criminally ugly it makes the tower look like the god-damned Taj Mahal in comparison, which might have been a deliberate strategy, along the lines of "I cut myself, but I won't notice the pain if I punch myself repeatedly in the nads".

I really like the shots of Widesuites' roundish element at the top. I like it more and more each passing photo!

To be fair the lower part of this building looks like it was designed by a very special person.

Back