Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

3733443332_d022da2be4_b.jpg

3733513506_ccd3333695_b.jpg

July 20th Update

This looks good in person, I like. Those banners don't do the building any favors, but of course they're only temporary.
It seems just like last summer that I photographed the breweries being demolished here.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

^^ Great photo. It really illustrates how much room/land there is between Fleet Street and the Gardiner. It doesn't seem that large when I bike down there but I guess the construction gets distracts me.

Looking at this photo and remembering the area map (earlier pages), it seems odd that they put the point towers directly against Fleet Street. I'd rather the plan called for the towers directly against the Gardiner and have small, mid-rise structures stepping down to Fleet.

I just walked over the Bathurst Street bridge yesterday and didn't realize even from up there how much property is still available along side the Gardiner. That shot illustrates it very well.

It's going to be really interesting to see how the opening of Fort York Blvd. up through the Cityplace lands changes the feel of this area. On the one hand, it will open up the West Harbour City and surrounding towers to the core quite a bit, but I think it also may become a rush-hour nightmare with drivers using this as a shortcut to get to Lakeshore Blvd..

Does anyone know if you can request to view your unit while under construction? I'd rater do this than sneek in after hours :p

Looking at this photo and remembering the area map (earlier pages), it seems odd that they put the point towers directly against Fleet Street. I'd rather the plan called for the towers directly against the Gardiner and have small, mid-rise structures stepping down to Fleet.

I imagine what's on the other side of the Gardiner had a whole lot to do with it.

What are peoples thoughts of the value of this project? I figure the per sq ft is around $410. Is that a good price for this area etc.

Thanks....

Back