Toronto Wellesley on the Park | 194.15m | 60s | Lanterra | KPMB

ridiculous. to the point of shameful. wtf.

We've seen way worse examples of renderings that totally misrepresent the location of the project (e.g. Dundas Square Gardens), whereas here the slight misplacement of the CN Tower in the far distance is totally immaterial to whether or not a purchaser would buy. I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

^can an owner of a condo sue the developer because he paid for the view showed in renders but the view is nothing like showed in renders?

^can an owner of a condo sue the developer because he paid for the view showed in renders but the view is nothing like showed in renders?

Based on renderings, well, they could try to sue, but I do not believe they would be successful. The renderings are not legal documents in any way. While I would like to see the Condo Act amended to make a change in the appearance of the building itself to constitute a material change allowing the buyers of a suite to get out of their purchase, I don't believe that there should be any guarantee of views.

It should be up to potential purchasers to figure out if the panorama of the city as presented in the renderings is true or fanciful. If you're buying somewhere, get to know the area. Use Google Maps or Apple Maps if you can't visit. Find out what the zoning is around the building, and whether there are any applications in for buildings that may change the view. Not prepared to do that? Then don't buy, or if you do buy, be prepared to find your view changing in ways you didn't expect.

From a design standpoint will there be any attempt to associate this project with Murano and Burano? I quite like these buildings and this project is very close.

What will make or break this building is how well it meets the street and how well it meets the park. There's certainly potential for this location. I hope that this enhances the pedestrian experience......This may have already been mentioned, but will there be any interaction with the laneway?

The preliminary plans indicate the garage entrance will be off the lane, and the lane itself will be widened slightly. Unless the Yonge St. property owners decide to renovate their hind quarters, the lane will remain the garbage/loading area/unsightly activity area. I consider the placement of the condo and it's service areas ideal: there was no easy way to create pleasant parkland against the Wellesley-side of the lane.

Curvy

DSC00797 xx.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00797 xx.jpg
    DSC00797 xx.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,158
We've seen way worse examples of renderings that totally misrepresent the location of the project (e.g. Dundas Square Gardens), whereas here the slight misplacement of the CN Tower in the far distance is totally immaterial to whether or not a purchaser would buy. I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

What the developer has done with the render is incredibly disingenuous.

I would be okay with them moving the CN Tower if you could actually see it clearly from the property and they just moved it a few blocks to get a better view. But you can't even see the tower from the property. Other buildings are blocking it. The existence of the tower in the render is a complete lie.

I can't believe that developers are able to get away with things like this. I'd be surprised if there were many other industries where you could get away with such a blatant misrepresentation of the product.

TTM:

True, but to be fair, it is an exterior view of the building that no buyer would have. What bugs me more are on the ground street depictions that utterly alters the contextual environment.

AoD

Love the park, like the tower design, hopefully it's executed well. Much better than that awful lot that's there right now.

And all of you just haven't heard of the new secret CN Tower, or the sCN Tower, going up in that location.

Back