Toronto Wellesley on the Park | 194.15m | 60s | Lanterra | KPMB

They are not going for a double tower plan currently. That was what was submitted, but KWT is moving them towards a taller single tower so that there's a bigger park. Already in progress.

That sounds very promising, and a very good compromise if it can be achieved. The retail area is really needed along the south side of Wellesley St., it's a heavily traveled walking corridor now so it would liven up and serve this area well when combined with the retail on the north side.

if there is retail on the north side with the tower closer to Yonge, and an easy walk through to get to the park in the rear, I will be happy.

here is a quick 5 minute concept:

220ish meters tall, 1 tower and a shorter midrise, with a central passage to a large park in the rear.

Last edited:
From the 11 Wellesley Community Consultation Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/events/162266087285126/

wellesley_park.jpg

Attachments

• wellesley_park.jpg
    wellesley_park.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 589
Still nobody reading anything other that the submission. There have been several posts covering this already.

They are not going for a double tower plan currently. That was what was submitted, but KWT is moving them towards a taller single tower so that there's a bigger park. Already in progress.

Are you sure?

Why would the prelim report show two towers?

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2013.TE25.63

Page & Steele/IBI Architects.

Last edited:
Not liking the direction that Lanterra is headed in working with a lesser architect (P+S) for such a prominent development.

Should have gone with NimbyTect solutions. ;)

It's a rezoning exercise, nothing more. What will be built will not resemble this.

Yeah, but how likely is it that they're going to switch architects mid-stream? They started this application with P+S and I expect them to finish it with P+S. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

It's common practice to have a large, full-service firm will establish the massing and shepherd the application through the city while a design firm prepares the building's clothes. Many projects which people assume were done by a single firm actually have a much larger team behind them. This sort of thing happens far more than you might think.

The plan will likely be modified from the 45 and 54 storey tower proposals to a single tower to free up land for a park. KWT has this one right! It balances the needs of the community with the rights of the developer.

Yeah, one 75s/250 meter bldg. would be nice....but would KWT and the community accept that in return for a larger park?

I have a feeling they would. The community will be so focused on the park that they will be willing to let the height slide. Lanterra will show them either the two tower option or the much taller one tower option with the park, and I have a strong feeling height will be trumped by the park.

Back