Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

The sky bridge on the two buildings to the east has been finished for a while, and still no cladding.

Project End should post another picture now.

The upper floor owners facing east will have to contend with a lot of steam cloud discharge from Redpath on cooler days like today:

Taken Dec. 11, 2012:

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

I don't think it will be a huge problem Razz, not that I've noticed anyway. I'll keep an eye out.

0706.jpg

Here you can just see a little steam sneaking west. I think the pictures you took were close to the same time as these.

0625.jpg

The upper floor owners facing east will have to contend with a lot of steam cloud discharge from Redpath on cooler days like today:

Taken Dec. 11, 2012:

IMG_0869.jpg

Never mind the sugar refinery, what about the ugly hotel? The Harbour Castle hotel is one of the ugliest in the city. To make it even worse, the east side, facing Pier 27, is dirty and deteriorating. The main entrance to this building is not only unfriendly to pedestrians but it helps to degrade the public realm. Over-all, this whole complex is a disaster and it's located right beside Pier 27. What a lovely view that will be.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree that it's a bit of a mess down there. I think the factory is brutal, though I know others on here have informed opinions to the contrary. The Harbour Castle is far from great, but I don't find it particularly offensive. How it meets Queen's Quay is really bad, but the building itself, view from afar, I don't find it terrible.

I think it'll be a long time before this area really looks up.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree that it's a bit of a mess down there. I think the factory is brutal, though I know others on here have informed opinions to the contrary. The Harbour Castle is far from great, but I don't find it particularly offensive. How it meets Queen's Quay is really bad, but the building itself, view from afar, I don't find it terrible. I think it'll be a long time before this area really looks up.

Waterfront Toronto has plans (though I think no details have been released yet) for another park on the area east of the Yonge Street slip (immediately to the west of Pier 27 and right beside Captain John's hulk.) If that got tidied up the City (or TPA) might be persuaded to improve the access road to the ferry docks on the west side of the Yonge slip.
Once the City decides on a new Lower Yonge Precinct Plan for the north side of Queen's Quay immediately opposite Pier 27 (Loblaws, LCBO and Toronto Star sites) I suspect the area will start to look much better.

That's definitely true...if 1 Yonge gets something nice and the LCBO site goes the right way, too, that'll make a huge difference. Often though it's with some embarrassment that I see the tourists, often staying at the Harbour Castle, walking around the area. If I came from another city, I'd be pretty disappointed in how ramshackle parts of it are.

its funny they said they would start to clad before December and finish off sometime through the holidays.

Apparently there was a glass shortage from their vendors in Canada so they had to make alternate arrangements with suppliers in China - That should explain some of the delay with these ones and on L Tower's glass/cladding...

that explains why. I hope there not wasting there time sitting around for the glass. Great to say the bridge start to form up. At least there not on their tea break.

Nice to see the roofing under control.

Monday December 17

1822.jpg

Ironworkers assembling structural steel lifts on the ground.

1813.jpg

Wednesday December 19

2213.jpg

2215-1.jpg

2235.jpg

Yup, just amazing! Many thanks SkyJacked!

Back