Toronto Vü Condos | 83.51m | 24s | Aspen Ridge | Hariri Pontarini

September 13 2010 update

New Toy on Jarvis
IMG_5038.jpg

Looking Up~
IMG_5037.jpg

The entrance from the corner of Jarvis and Adelaide is really a BIG disappointment - from the initial renderings (yes, I know one shouldn't believe them!) it looked as though there would be a high and wide "Vu" into the courtyard but they then lowered the ceiling and itr's like walking into a dark basement. The strange new artwork does not do much for me either. Too bad as it's a pretty nice looking building - it just could have been better!

Absolutely superb photo, Mehrdad. Certainly a beautiful building.

The entrance from the corner of Jarvis and Adelaide is really a BIG disappointment - from the initial renderings (yes, I know one shouldn't believe them!) it looked as though there would be a high and wide "Vu" into the courtyard but they then lowered the ceiling and itr's like walking into a dark basement. The strange new artwork does not do much for me either. Too bad as it's a pretty nice looking building - it just could have been better!

I completely agree with you on that one. I think that weird basement-looking entrance with that utilitarian gray column totally disorients the building. I dont mind the brick man, but I almost find it too heavy for that location which has a lot of brick looming over it. Though the building itself is not bad, I think the prominent entrance at the Jarvis and Adelaide is such a huge disappointment. Its almost reminiscent of some of the older 70's style building entrances that you would find in North York.

Another Viewpoint

This is how the Vü looks from within the west tower of the "London on the Esplanade" condo building high above Scott Street ...

5060853708_509f78b847_b.jpg

5061510002_962a20a8d5_b.jpg

Last edited:
Post House Condominium

Vü from parking lot where Post House Condos will be built:

5072059383_8d4139557e_b.jpg

Brick Man

one more picture ... the Brick Man enjoying the view of downtown:

5071665303_c6dae47536_b.jpg

Question

The other art object when entering the Vü courtyard from George Street:

5121587193_6ff9371d31_b.jpg

It looks as if the background is made from images in and around St. James park. I have no idea what the superimposed text says. Does anyone know?

Back