Toronto Vü Condos | 83.51m | 24s | Aspen Ridge | Hariri Pontarini

The white section at the bottom is the climbing section...

You can see the ladders going up the side of the crane which hang off of climbing beams. The piston and the top of the climbing section have dogs which come out and hook onto the ladders...

Thanks for the explanation. What part of the building are the ladders attached to? The walls of the foyer?

Thanks for the explanation. What part of the building are the ladders attached to? The walls of the foyer?

The ladders are suspended from another set of beams which are sitting on the floor...

June 27

This is a close I came to the building this week considering it was on my shooting list.

IMG_june-27-09-0081.JPG

IMG_june-27-09-0082.JPG

I ran into VDub last week, and he was showing me pictures that he took, more shot of what the exterior looks like from the inside. Pretty cool stuff. Post VDub!

I ran into VDub last week, and he was showing me pictures that he took, more shot of what the exterior looks like from the inside. Pretty cool stuff. Post VDub!

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

View from the crane of the north tower...

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

This was the shooting of a Tylenol commercial so look for me on TV!!!

While this is going to fit into the neighbourhood quite nicely, looks like it belongs, and will undoubtedly spruce up that area (don't they also have to spend a million bucks on the adjacent park?) I can't help but think that it's boring and that this corner deserved something more interesting. I just think this will completely fade into the background - which is, i guess, better than sticking out for all the wrong reasons.

Occupancy Date

The confirmed occupancy date for our condo on the 18th floor of the South Tower is now April 27, 2010. During the Sales cycle early 2007 the original date Aspen Ridge had given us was early 2008, but so far has been pushed back three times to a total of more than two years of delay. Is that a normal practice in the business?

Last edited:
Generally - different builders have different track records and there are all sorts of externalities that can impact the timing in which units are delivered that the developer has no control over.

Also keep in mind this is Aspen Ridge's first high-rise project. There is a fairly steep learning curve going from stick building to this type of structure - so some delays are to be expected.

While this is going to fit into the neighbourhood quite nicely, looks like it belongs, and will undoubtedly spruce up that area (don't they also have to spend a million bucks on the adjacent park?) I can't help but think that it's boring and that this corner deserved something more interesting. I just think this will completely fade into the background - which is, i guess, better than sticking out for all the wrong reasons.

Yep, I agree, it's quite ordinary. With the location it had and the great view corridor, I would much rather have seen a flat iron type building or something with a bit more dramatic flair. It looks ok, but rather boring to me. Another great opportunity missed, in this city of missed opportunities.

Back