Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

I assume the main front cornice?

NOIP (Notice of Intended Procurement)

Type: Notice of Intended Procurement
Posting Title: Request for Tenders for Union Station Permanent Cornice Remediation
High Level Category:Construction Services
Document Type: RFT Document Number:Doc4539266153Ariba Discovery Posting Link:https://discovery.ariba.com/rfx/19418644Publish Date:
April 30, 2024 at 12:00 Noon
Issue Date:
April 30, 2024 at 12:00 Noon
Submission Deadline: May 30, 2024 at 12:00 Noon Solicitation Document Description:Doc4539266153 -

Request for Tenders for Union Station Permanent Cornice Remediation

Ceiling repainting.

20240501_204315.jpg

20240501_204436.jpg

Years late, but I'll take it..............

Now about the Great Hall lighting; and the jersey barriers out on Front St.
Jersey barriers will soon be old enough to be historically listed and therefore unmovable (until they decide to just take the facade of the jersey barrier and put up a ho-hum condo behind it).

I like drone shots as much as anyone but not sure a drone pic will give better info than the photo you posted.

I'm just really curious to see how the roof/ceiling of the truck tunnel will be lowered as they said they have planned to do. The new concourse will be built around that tunnel structure but not beneath, correct?

Same with the current hallway connecting between Scotiabank Arena and the Bay concourse in Union, will all that eventually be demolished and then re-constructed?

The CN Tower is right there, that’ll give a pretty cool view

There is a lovely terrace on the north side of 25 York's podium that I will try to access for closer pics as my inner ears strongly dislike high-speed elevators 😣

Just a couple pics from the platform today. View attachment 562502View attachment 562503
You can really see the contrast between the bright, airy atrium and the dark, cramped heritage shed here. If only we could have had the rest of it relocated to other stations or museums or something and had the more open atrium design cover all of the platforms :(

Just feels like we chose to keep a herritage feature almost no one is going to appreciate over passenger experience.

Back