Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Something is happening again with the TTC signs. They removed the acrylic panels.

iB78DZo.jpg

Seriously, fluorescent tubes? What is this 1998?

The structure of these signs are so cheaply built that I have no confidence that they'll finish this up to the standards expected of such a prime location.

Seriously, fluorescent tubes? What is this 1998?
The structure of these signs are so cheaply built that I have no confidence that they'll finish this up to the standards expected of such a prime location.
From what I saw they rushed the build to get something basic up for PanAm. I hope it's temporary.

Seems pretty clear to me looking at the whole thing that it's a temporary installation. I wonder if there's a big huge event going on nearby or something ...

Who are you replying to? Posts are not showing up all the time for me. Seems strange.

I noticed that "ignore list" users' posts no longer show up at all, whereas they used to appear as a header, but with the actual post text not showing. I'm just guessing this might be your case, as I can see all the posts above.

I have nobody on my ignore list for that reason.
Context is important -- otherwise people looks like they're replying into thin air.

Last edited:
Back to topic, Union Station Revitalization is making Bay West teamway look like the York East teamway.

- has installed some new signage above doors
- has now now enabled the ultrabright Bay West Teamway lighting:

2015-08-01 00.42.50.jpg
2015-08-01 00.42.53.jpg

What you're seeing is Bay West teamway -- and not the York East teamway.
Slowly and slowly, this no longer looks like your grandfather's Bay West teamway.

They're slowly getting ready to shut down the Bay concourse by doing things like enhancing the teamways first to take up the slack first. The currently-still-quiet wickets in the Bay East teamway will probably have extremely long lineups once they shut down Bay after the Para PanAm games.

It's time to become familiar with the brand new York Concourse, if you've never stepped into there (believe it or not, a few commuters haven't seen the new concourse yet) -- a forced familiarity, per se.

Attachments

• 2015-08-01 00.42.50.jpg
    2015-08-01 00.42.50.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 814
  • 2015-08-01 00.42.53.jpg
    2015-08-01 00.42.53.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 843
Last edited:
Wait till you see what they are going to do with the Bay East teamway as part of the Bay Park Centre (45 Bay).
AoD
And then we're done -- four fully renovated teamways.

Until the Simcoe Street teamways get built in the 2030s for the doubleberths to the west of York (currently scraggly almost-no-longer-used VIA platforms, but is listed as an option in the Metrolinx 2031 master plan)

And then we're done -- four fully renovated teamways.
Until the Simcoe teamways get built in the 2030s for the doubleberths to the west of York (currently scraggly VIA platforms, but is listed as an option in the Metrolinx 2031 master plan)

The proposal for Bay East would make the so called renovation for the rest of the teamways a joke.

AoD

Back