Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

I had the opposite experience at the market. I headed out to see what all the fuss was about but unfortunately the presence of the overhead cobra head street lamps drained all of the life, fun, and energy out of the area. I couldn't even see the letter "I" on the new big and expensive signage to tell me I was at Union Station which just made things even more depressing. Can't this city run a simple 18th century market without failing so hard?
LOL

Fluorescent tubes? Have they heard of LEDs before?
While the Union Market is almost 18th century, the TTC is still only in the 20th century, while GO Transit is 21st century with the curved video wall being installed at York.

Wait until full Presto rollout, finish the new streetcars, and bidirectional electronic faregates, and TTC is finally 21st century enough to have heard of LED.

We can only hope that they have switched to a black background. To match the color of the 1920s clock tower.

not sure if these pics belong here or in other Union Station threads....feel free to move if in wrong place.
IMG_20150709_155915.jpg
IMG_20150709_155937.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150709_155915.jpg
    IMG_20150709_155915.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,028
  • IMG_20150709_155937.jpg
    IMG_20150709_155937.jpg
    992.5 KB · Views: 862
More than half looks like delivery vehicles. Possibly for the Market.

Given that it is isolated to the section directly in front of the market, that is exactly what I assumed....that it is some sort of temporary accomodation for the temporary market. Seems like a pretty good flex-adaptation.

Dammit. I just gained weight with a Bacon Nation Poutine.

And lost only part of it biking home from my destination GO station.

*cue Simpsons evil monkey animation*

They should make this permanent - it could work out even as a winter market, with stand up propane heaters for seatings/warmup spots.

AoD

Glad to hear the planters will be installed soon. The added colour and greenery will be nice with the added benefit of removing the parked vehicles. Any specific date mentioned for the installation?

Back