Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

More marketing!

upload_2016-2-5_12-11-1.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-5_12-11-1.png
    upload_2016-2-5_12-11-1.png
    354.1 KB · Views: 486
^guess that was cheaper/easier than just re-programming for the weekend so that fares were regular GO fares when Presto tapped.

^guess that was cheaper/easier than just re-programming for the weekend so that fares were regular GO fares when Presto tapped.
Boy this must really be hoping after Family Day, a lot more people will be taking UP. The issue is if you do not live near the 3 stations that is a reasonable walk (and in winter that's not even a great option). To me UP appeals to the business person or single traveller. Its different if you are already starting at the airport (as a traveller coming to visit Toronto and even someone coming on business or perhaps as a family). But it appears that getting to the airport with UP if you cannot just walk to a station may be more of an issue. It may be different if the Crosstown was up and running and there was a connection to UP at Mount Dennis.

Last edited:
Boy this must really be hoping after Family Day, a lot more people will be taking UP
I think they are just cashing in on a very slow weekend for business travel to do some PR. What they may not have factored in, though, is the NBA All Star game is likely gonna bring folks downtown that weekend.

I think they are just cashing in on a very slow weekend for business travel to do some PR. What they may not have factored in, though, is the NBA All Star game is likely gonna bring folks downtown that weekend.

Awesome - for free, I might as well just take this train for a joyride! I've been wanting to check it out, but definitely had no intention of paying that crazy fare.

Both VIA at Weston>UPX and the free rides stink of UPX desperation. My guess is that if someone got hold of the comms, it was Metrolinx who approached VIA about stopping. VIA already stops at Malton. I would ask VIA "what have you done about pressing Miway for better/frequent service from Malton to Pearson rather than pushing passengers towards a premium service"

Both VIA at Weston>UPX and the free rides stink of UPX desperation. My guess is that if someone got hold of the comms, it was Metrolinx who approached VIA about stopping. VIA already stops at Malton. I would ask VIA "what have you done about pressing Miway for better/frequent service from Malton to Pearson rather than pushing passengers towards a premium service"
I have only ridden VIA about 15 times between Brampton and Union and not once has the train stopped at Malton....which trains stop there? I see the VIA signage...but have never been on a train that stopped there.

I have only ridden VIA about 15 times between Brampton and Union and not once has the train stopped at Malton....which trains stop there? I see the VIA signage...but have never been on a train that stopped there.
85 and 87 westbound, 84 eastbound according to Reservia.

Back