Toronto U of T: Lawson Centre for Sustainability | 16.52m | 4s | U of T | Mecanoo Architecten

Taken 28 October.
IMG_4722.jpeg

Is there any part of the City you didn't cover that day @mburrrrr
25-30 minutes in the air but It “flew” by so quick. I didn’t have a list or plan but got so lucky.
U of T was looking good.

We flew south down the DVP, I was looking out the east/left side of the plane for the most part. We turned right/west along ~Queen St. just north of the CN tower, heading west looking south, then looped back around Strachan, now looking north, by the One and back up the DVP..
I have to find a home for a couple Markham, Scarborough, 401 & 407 shots.
Bonus: Did I post the picture of St. Catharines and the 14 ships stuck in the cue?
_N8A2335.jpeg

@DavidCapizzano reminded me w/his post to check the Trinity College website for the project for updates:

View attachment 530564

I don't see any Mass Timber in David's photos, I don't think...

From the Trin site:

View attachment 530565
Source: https://www.trinity.utoronto.ca/lawson-centre-for-sustainability/view-our-progress/
Your below grade and elevator / stair cores aren't going to be timber so I still think this is on track for a wood build, if that's what you're asking.

Your below grade and elevator / stair cores aren't going to be timber so I still think this is on track for a wood build, if that's what you're asking.

I was merely looking at the photo to see if there was inventory on site to begin seeing the building rise above grade.

Most of the timber based buildings have been this way so far, to my understanding. Wood basements, 'vator cores and Jefferies tubes are not a thing yet...

Back