Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

No problem midtowner.

The hoarding has been up for the last month or two. I see construction work happening throughout the day but no idea what it's for.

They do, I love them. But the aqua green balcony glass could go.

It's funny, I actually think the balcony glass saves this one from being a wreck. I hated this early on, and I'm still not a fan of the overall finished product, but the balcony glass covers up a lot of the inner skin window wall which was my main initial dislike. The glass blades running up the tower were also a nice touch.

gAmIDlA.jpg

uJaTMbS.jpg

HveenUM.jpg

There are no gates on the St. Mary's Street entry anymore and I saw patio furniture on some balconies on lower floors this morning, the first sign of actual living happening here.

Thanks for posting those photos of Ucondos courtyard and tops of the townhouses. I've been wondering how far along things were here.

No problem. And thank you for all your One Bloor pics!

They have been moving quickly the last couple of weeks. Details such as the copper on the townhouses are going in and they put in the insulation on the roofs at the end of last week. The copper is just nailed in, serving no real purpose. It looks flimsy up close.

Thanks for posting those photos of Ucondos courtyard and tops of the townhouses. I've been wondering how far along things were here.

Yep, same here. Still not convinced on the townhouses fronting bay though. They meet the street alright, I guess, but I'm just surprised anyone wants to step out of their multi-million dollar condo onto Bay St. traffic at 5pm on a weekday. And those patios on the roofs will be loud as all hell. Odd choice.

Does anyone know what the Levy was when U Condo started building? My understanding is that the 2008 levy fee was included in the price and once the building closes the difference will be paid if no cap has been placed by buyer.
Thanks!

Yep, same here. Still not convinced on the townhouses fronting bay though. They meet the street alright, I guess, but I'm just surprised anyone wants to step out of their multi-million dollar condo onto Bay St. traffic at 5pm on a weekday. And those patios on the roofs will be loud as all hell. Odd choice.

Oh, I thought the townhouses were facing St Mary's St. and the units along Bay St. were retail.

The townhouses are all residential, there is no commercial in U Condos. The townhouses started at 1.8 million, pretty pricey to be living on Bay St. The towns facing the park or St. Mary's would be much better than the ones on Bay St.

Six double height retail units would have worked well here. Would have kept a nice cadence to the street too.

Mafaldaboy's photo illustrates this well:

16907341011_7abe66cfbb_b.jpg

Attachments

• 16907341011_7abe66cfbb_b.jpg
    16907341011_7abe66cfbb_b.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 571

Back