Toronto Two Gladstone | ?m | 8s | Streetcar | TACT Architecture

4171777467_229dd7e884_o.jpg

It too bad that someone did not buy up that whole block as you could had built something nice and taller.

I appreciate height as much as the next guy but Toronto needs many more of these boutique buildings. Under 200 units is not what I'd consider a boutique builidng and yet that exactly how projects of that size are being marketed. It's not a complete marketing fabrication either when you take notice of all the 300+ unit buildings out there.

Mike in TO's pic there calls to mind the Ideal condominium on College west of Bathurst... I'm certainly not against another building similar to it being built here.

Construction starting in FEB

I got a nice little treat from Streetcar Developments in my email. According to the e-blast construction on 2 Gladstone will be starting in February!

side note: Corktown phase 1 to take occupancy in April.

Yes it's true, looks like construction is going to start soon... the furniture store that's in the building right now just shut down for demolition, here's a picture of the sign on the door I took last week:

4361513774_1cd8658894.jpg

Is there a thread on the southwest corner of Queen and Dufferin? I recall having seen an application board a couple years ago for a 12 story building. It's currently a parking lot with a L shaped rag plaza. There's a photo of the corner on the 'Eliminating the Jog' thread under the transportation section. The photo is from some years and scores ago with a rather majestic building erected at the site. I love the area something fiercely and would hate to have this development dead. Too, will the Dufferin re-connection open up any additional room for development, or is all the land allocated for both road and parkland?
Thanks.

That cinder block wall where it meets the corner at Queen and Gladstone really pisses me off! Isn't there a better solution, perhaps a split level retail or even some windows or a relief sculpture/engraving? It's gonna become a graffiti nightmare. Let's hope Streetcar has the sense to coat the wall with Nanopool's revolutionary spray on glass coating that makes graffiti a thing of the past.

Last edited:
It really does seem to turn its back on Queen Street, when you think they'd love to have a Queen Street address. Isn't this the kind of thing that the city should prevent?

I agree about the wall along Queen St. You'd think the architects could come up with a better way to play with that frontage and its elevation change.

Back