Toronto Totem Condos | 64m | 18s | Worsley Urban | RAW Design

City council overturned the heritage designation. The building will be torn down.

Does that mean the new building won't incorporate the Modernist façade in its base, as per the renderings we've seen so far? That would be a pity, I liked the proposal.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they are still going to tack on elements of the original building. Regardless, it still sucks.

It'd be nice if they incorporated a fanciful entrance awning that evokes the existing one. I liked that design element, so some sort of reference to it might be interesting.

From BuzzBuzzHome 11 hours ago.

totemRendering2.jpg

totemRendering1.jpg

Pretty cool but I'd prefer if they just removed the heavy box altogether and ran with a simpler parti of gridded, stacked and intersecting boxes.

So this will serve as an additional entrance/exit for Wellesley? Awesome building! Love it.

Yeah, the second entrance is a great idea, and this design is interesting. I think it would be better if the frontage was mirrored in the East/West direction, so that the courtyard is open to the sun, and the buildings' totemic bulge looms over the pathway to Wellesley and the blank side of the neighbouring rental building. I doubt the neighbours on the East side are going to warm up to the shadowing features of this design.

It would be nice to get second exits at other congested downtown stations like College and Dundas, at the platform level.

I love that they decided to preserve the modernist office building. I just wish they kept that swooping roof on the entrance...or at least a modified version of it. But nevertheless I think this is a great project.

Back