Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

IMG_8391.jpeg

Actually, this is planting along Lower Sherbourne (top photo) and Princess (lower one) but ... Good to see but REALLY disappointed they were not forced to plant along The Esplanade, it's a barren desert.
the esplanade park across the street (where people are far more likely to traverse instead of the north sidewalk) has beautiful, large mature trees. hardly a barren desert.

i don't think it's a huge loss to not have trees along the esplanade portion of this site

the esplanade park across the street (where people are far more likely to traverse instead of the north sidewalk) has beautiful, large mature trees. hardly a barren desert.

i don't think it's a huge loss to not have trees along the esplanade portion of this site
In addition the City has a plan to revitalize David Crombie Park.

See the Report Here!

That block of The Esplanade gets lots of sun and planting trees helps to reduce heat (apart from looking nice!). It was NOT impossible to plant there - as stated in the Site Plan - but would have cost some $$ to relocate conduits. Pemberton were too mean to pay and the City were too spineless to insist!

i dont think its a huge loss to not have trees along the esplanade portion of this site
I could be wrong but perhaps part of the reason more people walk on the south sidewalk of The Esplanade is BECAUSE it has "beautiful large mature trees" and the north sidewalk does not have any. Just my opinion.

I could be wrong but perhaps part of the reason more people walk on the south sidewalk of The Esplanade is BECAUSE it has "beautiful large mature trees" and the north sidewalk does not have any. Just my opinion.

This is me. Walking along the North side of The Esplanade is so much nicer West of Sherbourne than East of it; and it's because of the trees. As a long time resident of the area, I was hoping to have some of that niceness continued along The Esplanade East of Sherbourne by this development. As it is, I often end up crossing the road twice just to avoid the sun blazed North side of The Esplanade when East of Sherbourne. I'd much rather walk on the less busy, less tourist packed North side. Maybe they'll add trees when they revitalize David Crombie park, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Edit: Also, let's not forget that there were trees here before Time and Space, so it's actually been a net negative in regards to trees in the neighbourhood.

Last edited:
Parts of me like this better than the Well. Less glass is always a positive for me, and as I've mentioned serval times I love how dense it makes this area feel now.
Doing some thread catchup and you are of course entitled to your own opinion, but you like this more than the well!?

Part of me genuinely thinks this is some elaborate ruse where you just keep doubling down and waiting for someone to call your bluff and then at the very end you’ll reveal you’ve hated this project all along.

Doing some thread catchup and you are of course entitled to your own opinion, but you like this more than the well!?

Part of me genuinely thinks this is some elaborate ruse where you just keep doubling down and waiting for someone to call your bluff and then at the very end you’ll reveal you’ve hated this project all along.

Nope, I genuinely like it. It drives me nuts how many of the buildings in Toronto are almost all glass. That’s why part of me likes it better then the Well because “The Well” falls into that “all glass” category. One of the reasons I like “The One” so much is even the glass is dark the big columns are covered with materiel that looks like cement.

For example I love the Empire State Building’ and Chrysler building, but not big on One World Trade Centre. Having that said, New York doesn’t have as many glass buildings so One World Trade fits a lot nicer in that skyline.

Last edited:

Back