Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

its not mediocre.

Looking at the rendering vs what we see right now. The top is a huge disappointment and I'd say the tower is too because they got rid of a lot of the banding treatments that made it a highly anticipated project.

urbantoronto-1219-3906.jpg

It's like a car company marketing a ferrari then building a Corolla.

Luckily, even with all that said, it still looks better than the majority of the crap getting built here.

Looking at the rendering vs what we see right now. The top is a huge disappointment and I'd say the tower is too because they got rid of a lot of the banding treatments that made it a highly anticipated project.

What missing banding treatments on the tower are you referring to?

Looking at the rendering vs what we see right now. The top is a huge disappointment...

Worse still, the design is clearly compromised in that the roof cap was designed off-set to emphasize the free-floating banding. Without it, the off-set doesn't make much sense. It look 'ok' but it feels like something is missing.

He might be referring to the top? Is it complete, or do they still need to add the banding? Here's a movie still from their website.
banding.jpg

Attachments

• banding.jpg
    banding.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,707

no doubt they haven't built the tower according to the renders but it is not a mediocre. it is a nice tower, better than many other green boxes going up. my friend, soon they will change the green hat and it will look awesome. :)

no doubt they haven't built the tower according to the renders but it is not a mediocre. it is a nice tower, better than many other green boxes going up. my friend, soon they will change the green hat and it will look awesome. :)

Hence why I specified that the top was mediocre.

I believe that was stated somewhere here already a few pages back. They've already added the white bands, though they've placed them straight on the mechanical, whereas the renderings depicted the bands protruding from the mechanical and lining up with the rest of the tower face. Maybe they'll change it, but I don't know why they'd add the bands then remove them.

Back