Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

How about we start a fund to have it made to its origional look. lol if "the people" pay for it. maybe it would make them look real bad for cheaping out. maybe theyll think twice and stick with origional plans. i mean surely they think of cost when comming up with the design inthe first place right? or ?
really it is, as 88drums said, pennies for them to have just made the bands stick out off the top. also they would no doubt get more interest from other developments in the future if they had gone for that iconic kinda look as the render depicted. can u imagin what the empire state building would have looked like if the cheaped out and said leave the entenna out of the final design.

I don't understand why it was such a big deal to just use the same glass throughout the whole tower. It's not as if doing so would have set Lamb back terribly; in fact, not at all. The mechanical glazing is still of the same quality, so it can't be a case of cheapening. I'm just bewildered as to what the motive was to change things up here. Why not just stick to the same formula? And there's still the crown banding issue that frustrates me. I can't see the engineering being that difficult to pull off. I guess we'll never know the answers to these things, since developers don't have to discuss such things with the public.

The antenna was never part of the original design of the Empire State Building. It was added several decades later. I've always wondered how it would look if it were covered in a sheath. I do like it's mechanical aesthetic, however.

I don't understand why it was such a big deal to just use the same glass throughout the whole tower. It's not as if doing so would have set Lamb back terribly; in fact, not at all. The mechanical glazing is still of the same quality, so it can't be a case of cheapening. I'm just bewildered as to what the motive was to change things up here. Why not just stick to the same formula? And there's still the crown banding issue that frustrates me. I can't see the engineering being that difficult to pull off. I guess we'll never know the answers to these things, since developers don't have to discuss such things with the public.

$$$

Wouldn't the glazing cost roughly the same as what is present? The green glass looks to be of equal quality.

Wouldn't the glazing cost roughly the same as what is present? The green glass looks to be be of equal quality.

I was talking about the protruding beams that were proposed vs what we got which were some thin frames attached to the glass.

I took these tonight.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,540
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,510
I think the profile would have looked better if the tower glass extended over the balcony edges, like they do on King Charlotte.

Does anyone know why they didn't take advantage of the summer weather to complete the installation of the missing banding?

It would be nice if the Royal Alex could enclose the emergency stairway, looks ugly being right next to this interesting facade since the building is set so far back from the sidewalk.

Back