Toronto The Yorkville Condominiums | 104.54m | 31s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

more pics of the showroom being built

5073814360_6c59679139_z.jpg

I don't know. If I brighten the above photo like so:

stopk1.jpg

you can see that the inset angled boxes are still there. The other differences could easily be due to the fact that it is a model.

Lately, labeling a project with "The Cheapening" seems to have more to do with a poster's inability to recognize that imagined projects will *always* look better than the final produced version. I mean, we don't even have a clear photo of the model yet (and a model is not supposed to have the accuracy of a set of architectural drawings!), and people are making this comment. People used to wait until at least the building was mostly finished before saying this. It's become a "FIRST!" sort of thing - everyone is clambering to say it before everyone else. Since the comment can be applied to any project, it has no value, and the only value comes in saying it before everyone else.

I reserve my opinion of the fate of this project until we get more info about it.

Well look at impressionist art-- it always looks better than the real thing.

To get the real effect, or reality, of any rendering or impressionist portrayal-- one must squint.

Back