Toronto The Residences at Central Park | 105.9m | 31s | Amexon | Core Architects

The fact that a supposedly green/sustainable development above a subway station is getting 1500+ parking spots illustrates the immense challenge we have in reducing car dependency long term.

That's the challenge! We have a lot of highways, but continuing to use them like we always have is really bad for our future.

The fact that a supposedly green/sustainable development above a subway station is getting 1500+ parking spots illustrates the immense challenge we have in reducing car dependency long term.
This point exactly.
Above the subway yes but also a block from the 401 and not far from the 404/DVP.
Not an excuse. Just filling the 401 even more.

From Sheppard and Leslie it would take around 30 minutes to drive to the waterfront even with regular traffic (and 20 minutes without), whereas it would take nearly an hour to take the TTC there.

From Sheppard and Leslie it would take around 30 minutes to drive to the waterfront even with regular traffic (and 20 minutes without), whereas it would take nearly an hour to take the TTC there.

We should not be encouraging people to drive. Clearly the more auto-dependent developments you squeeze on the 401 and DVP the longer those trips will actually take. You know the 401 is already the busiest highway in the entire world? It's already madness!!

Also, Oriole GO Station is being relocated to literally right next door. So TTC and GO right at your doorstep and you need a massive amount of parking... I would kill for that kind of access.

Last edited:
We should not be encouraging people to drive. Clearly the more auto-dependent developments you squeeze on the 401 and DVP the longer those trips will actually take. You know the 401 is already the busiest highway in the entire world? It's already madness!!

Also, Oriole GO Station is being relocated to literally right next door. So TTC and GO right at your doorstep and you need a massive amount of parking... I would kill for that kind of access.
You just repeated what was already said?

One thing to keep in mind about the parking is that a portion of the the underground parking is going to replace the surface parking needed for the existing office buildings that are going to remain.

Nothing yet.

IMG_2434.JPG
IMG_2433.JPG

Is Oriole GO moving north to Leslie station? It has been studied a lot but I haven't seen any indication of an RFP or announcement. Without investment to allow for regular service to Langstaff on the Richmond Hill line I don't know how important this investment would be.

Seems like the fancy sales centre is going to double as a second station facility for Oriole GO. From today's main page article.

50265-150901.jpeg
No, the sales centre will be an event venue. The GO station will be immediately beside it.

Last edited:

Back