Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Wish they would have added a decorative cornice at the top of the new part here against the old building. Even a simple stepping brick cornice, (two or three brick offsets outwards), to tie into the street wall, rather than a flat faced top.

Also wanted to add that the vertical look of the super-columns to the top of the building from a front on view is going to make this building seem even bigger from street level. Excited to take that photo at completion and see it.

Last edited:
...just to note from Mr. Au's bottom shot here, that from this angle it almost appears to be two different developments here. That is, one (no pun intended) for the tower and the other for the street front...taking away that tacked on/afterthought effect to a degree. And for good or bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
From today. They poured concrete in the corners below and it looks to be ready for another floor pour soon.

20240125_104742.jpg
20240125_123057.jpg
20240125_123108.jpg

Photos taken today, Friday (Jan. 26). Since my previous post last Friday, the blue forms on top have moved up one level, to floor 50, if I am counting correctly. And at least some of the corner floors have gone up, they seem to be at level 40 all around, I think. The crane wasn't higher today than last Friday, but a crew was up there when I was taking shots (around 1:30) moving that sliding section up in preparation for raising the top of the crane and inserting a new section. The exterior elevator has now added two more levels with elevator doors for 43 and 44, while the elevator support thingy is up to level 46. All three Rail Climbing Systems (west, north and east) remain parked at level 16, while on the south side, cladding has been added to level 16 and insulation to some of the super-columns at the first mechanical levels (17 and 18), so it will be interesting to see how that looks when the cladding is added.

Starting with the latest addition to my "time-lapse" Flickr album, to shots from the south where we see some of the crane crew, and the progress by the first mechanical level. The new crane segment awaits to be hoisted, then a wide shot from in front of Holt Renfrew on Bloor Street, including a tighter shot that shows the texture of the concrete nicely, and another angle of the crane and crew. Several diagonal views from Cumberland, east of Bay, then from the old entrance to The Bay east of Yonge on Bloor. Finally, a long shot from Bloor and Bedford to the west. Hopefully not too many shots here!

UTIMG_9644.jpg
UTIMG_9856.jpg
UTIMG_9759.jpg
UTIMG_9726.jpg
UTIMG_9705.jpg
UTIMG_9551.jpg
UTIMG_9514.jpg
UTIMG_9484.jpg
UTIMG_9566.jpg
UTIMG_9581.jpg
UTIMG_9595.jpg
UTIMG_9687.jpg
UTIMG_9441.jpg

Thanks to all those taking pictures! It's been a while since I've visited Yonge & Bloor so your contributions are a bit of a shock seeing the progress.

Photos taken today, Monday (Jan. 29). Saw something in Benito's post above and I checked my photos from Friday - sure enough, the first mechanical louvres have been installed, since at least last week. (I got photos of it but didn't post a photo Friday of that.) They are on the SW corner of the first mechanical levels, floor 18 and 19. Hard to get a great shot of it, but here you go...

UTIMG_0944.jpg
UTIMG_0970.jpg

Back