Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

A CONCRETE pour happening now :)

20231110_140926.jpg

I highly doubt that. Would love to see source.

Only 300,000 people cross through Union Station daily, a far busier hub.

And way less stabby.

Photos taken today, Friday (Nov. 10). Perhaps a first, at least in terms of these weekly glimpses I post, but every single blue form and Rail Climbing Systems (RCS) went up one floor since last Friday, save one. Just the north RCS remains where it was last week, installing the skin for the 11th floor. The west RCS is now at the 11th floor, while the glass for the 12th floor has now started on the south face, east of the crane, with the east RCS now raised to that level for installation of the skin.

Starting with my usual addition to the "time-lapse" album I have on Flickr, to a view of the east face, now showing the skin up to the 11th floor. Some views of the south side where the 12th floor glass is in place, and a view of the south side, where the external elevator has added new floors, up to level 36, the level under the 2nd mechanical sections. Then, over-exposed but I like it... the west face with some scaffolding moved for no obvious reason. Perhaps a large piece of equipment was either taken off the top or added to it? Then, views from Cumberland east of Bay, and finally some shots from Yonge and Bloor, including, inspired by limer's earlier post, a photo with parallel distortion. Last shot from Bloor and Bedford, perhaps the best view of the second mechanical levels.

And, thanks for the kind words after my post last week, UpwithOlives!

UTIMG_1113.jpg
UTIMG_1149.jpg
UTIMG_1154.jpg
UTIMG_1182.jpg
UTIMG_1209.jpg
UTIMG_1231.jpg
UTIMG_1254.jpg
UTIMG_1307.jpg
UTIMG_1331.jpg
UTIMG_1346.jpg
UTIMG_1377.jpg

Translation: I'm smarter than everyone, including those who've decided to keep the building going. They should be listening to me because I'm smart. Did I say the word "fraud" yet? "Fraud".
A less informed response I’ve yet to see. The people who’ve “decided to keep the building going” are poised to lose hundreds of millions and are frantically trying to mitigate their losses, in vain in my opinion.

Go ahead and pretend that this project isn’t the biggest failure in Toronto condo history and that it isn’t fraught with insane “irregularities”. With that ignorant attitude and perspective on the business you surely must be a pensioned civil servant.

A less informed response I’ve yet to see. The people who’ve “decided to keep the building going” are poised to lose hundreds of millions and are frantically trying to mitigate their losses, in vain in my opinion.

I wonder why you think anyone would "decide to keep the building going" knowing that they'd be losing hundreds of millions. Do you know more about the finances of the building than these people who are invested heavily in the finances of this building?

Go ahead and pretend that this project isn’t the biggest failure in Toronto condo history and that it isn’t fraught with insane “irregularities”. With that ignorant attitude and perspective on the business you surely must be a pensioned civil servant.

No one here is pretending as though The One is the best thing in Toronto condo history. Most everyone accepts that there a deep financial problems with the project and that Mizrahi has been mis-managing it to the nth degree.

What you fail to understand is that this thread is here to enjoy the construction process of this building. This is literally the first time a super tall 300m+ building is under construction in Toronto. That's what most rest of us are here for.

If you want to continue to deride and bash Mizrahi, feel free to create a different thread and title the thread appropriately. Here are some title suggestions:
"How Mizrahi killed the luxury condo market in Toronto"
"Mizrahi is the worst thing that happened to Toronto"
"How could people ignore how blatantly fraudy Mizrahi is in everything he does"

Have at it.

Go ahead and pretend that this project isn’t the biggest failure in Toronto condo history and that it isn’t fraught with insane “irregularities”.
You keep making that assertion without a shred of evidence it seems. Because two things that stands out here with this claim that are not adding up. First, is how do you know this is this project is the biggest failure in Toronto's condo history? That is, what are you comparing this too? The other, is that it's very clear to the rest of us that the building is still being constructed at a fairly intensive pace, which has not wavered since the receivership business was announced. One would expect that all construction would cease to exist and the remains of it would be shuttered indefinitely if it was actually the biggest failure of all Toronto's time. Where other big projects that have fallen short on their financing, have fared much worse than what's happening now...

...so let me posit another reason: Your rabid hatred for all things Mizrahi might be clouding your judgement here. And you're having a clear case of "Stop liking what I don't like!" This is not asking you to like Mizrahi or this project, but to be more honest about it...instead of saying things that aren't really true, because it's not helping here, IMO. As it feels you are gaslighting a reality that's not really happening. At all.

Sure. List what's criminal then.

Also, not pensioned, not a civil servant. But if we're making uneducated guesses about people, I bet you're really, *really* into Crypto and a Musk-stan.

You keep making that assertion without a shred of evidence it seems. Because two things that stands out here with this claim that are not adding up. First, is how do you know this is this project is the biggest failure in Toronto's condo history?

Basic math.

To say that the project has been delayed and faced challenges would be an understatement," says the filing. "The original construction budget has already been materially exceeded. The most recent budgets, based on the Borrower’s latest construction schedule and commitments and cost data to May 31, 2023, reflect anticipated gross project expenditures in excess of $2 billion, an amount that exceeds the costs projected in 2019 by more than $600 million."

Back