Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I thought I included the quote that mentioned Yonge and Bloor and 133 Hazelton as being in the same neighbourhood

Shane Baghai is EIFS. Mizrahi is more into precast and engineered stone reflected on 133 Hazelton. Still nitpicking though.

Yeah, who wouldn't want Stern. He's one of the few that can pull Historicism off. I'm still concerned by Turner Fleischer, Rafael Bigauskas or, someone else including a crappy import knowing P+S is off the table.

Shane Baghai is EIFS. Mizrahi is more into precast and engineered stone reflected on 133 Hazelton. Still nitpicking though.

Yeah, who wouldn't want Stern. He's one of the few that can pull Historicism off. I'm still concerned by Turner Fleischer, Rafael Bigauskas or, someone else including a crappy import knowing P+S is off the table.

Stern is building a 80-90 story building near 57th street in NY. But they're very pricey. Wont happen here on that scale.

I think you may mean 30 Park Place. If anything like that structure were to be built on the Stollery's site, I would be very pleased.

He's also got one going up at 520 Park Ave., which I think is what buildup was referring to. Stern would be ideal- I really do love the original Stollery's building and a Stern design could potentially incorporate it well.

An insider on Skyscraper Forum is claiming this tower will be taller than One Bloor E. He has a track record for being right about everything he says. So it's something to consider.

An insider on Skyscraper Forum is claiming this tower will be taller than One Bloor E. He has a track record for being right about everything he says. So it's something to consider.

Well - I'm not always right 100% of the time

He's also got one going up at 520 Park Ave., which I think is what buildup was referring to. Stern would be ideal- I really do love the original Stollery's building and a Stern design could potentially incorporate it well.

You may be right. That fits better with respect to location. I was going more on the 80-90 storey description. 30 Park Place is 82 storeys while 520 Park Ave is 51, I think. The poster may have conflated the two similar sounding addresses, with the height of one and the location of the other. Both are similar to my eyes and both are handsome traditional designs.

You may be right. That fits better with respect to location. I was going more on the 80-90 storey description. 30 Park Place is 82 storeys while 520 Park Ave is 51, I think. The poster may have conflated the two similar sounding addresses, with the height of one and the location of the other. Both are similar to my eyes and both are handsome traditional designs.

http://observer.com/2014/01/robert-...uth-will-make-one57-residents-wildly-jealous/

I meant this one at 220 Central Park South

I'm hopeful this wont need to incorporate the Stollery façade, even though it's been haunting the corner for 100+ years. Burano worked nicely but the formula doesn't need to be repeated endlessly.

I'm hopeful this wont need to incorporate the Stollery façade, even though it's been haunting the corner for 100+ years. Burano worked nicely but the formula doesn't need to be repeated endlessly.

Agreed. If this project turns out to be a stunner, I hope they aren't forced to tack on facade, because the building is old. We have enough clumsy looking facades in the city.

Well if we are getting Robert A M Stern, I am not sure if there will be much of a point to incorporating the Stollery facade at all. Facadism in New Classical style oy!

AoD

Back