Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Photos taken today, Friday (Apr. 26). Work still continues at the top, though the blue forms all seem to be at the same level they were at when I last posted a week ago - the top at level 58, the 3rd mechanical level, the corner blue forms at around level 49. Presumably slower progress due to being at the mechanical level. (Correction: BloorMan said some forms went up, indeed it looks like the NE and SE corner forms moved up a level since last week, around level 50 now.) Though if I read the plans correctly, this means the tower has just surpassed 200 metres, a milestone. Much more movement with the three Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs), all climbing up, revealing more of the notched shape of the tower. The east RCS up to level 23, the north and west RCSs up to level 22.

Starting with my usual update to my "time-lapse" album on Flickr, then views from the south, including the crane looking like a praying mantis over the tower! A shot from Balmuto to the west, showing the rising west RCS, from in front of Holt Renfrew on Bloor west of Yonge, then shots from Cumberland east of Bay showing the RCSs and 1st mechanical level, with crew. (Forgot to take the usual wide shot from there.) Finally, shots from the intersection of Yonge and Bloor, including a neat light effect - a double-reflection of the sun on the NE corner (also seen in the first shot).

UTIMG_3338.jpg
UTIMG_3441.jpg
UTIMG_3463.jpg
UTIMG_3479 copy.jpg
UTIMG_3175.jpg
UTIMG_3274.jpg
UTIMG_3267.jpg
UTIMG_3369.jpg
UTIMG_3390.jpg
UTIMG_3394.jpg
UTIMG_3404.jpg

Last edited:
Photos taken today, Friday (Apr. 26). Work still continues at the top, though the blue forms all seem to be at the same level they were at when I last posted a week ago - the top at level 58, the 3rd mechanical level, the corner blue forms at around level 49. Presumably slower progress due to being at the mechanical level. (Correction: BloorMan said some forms went up, indeed it looks like the NE and SE corner forms moved up a level since last week, around level 50 now.) Though if I read the plans correctly, this means the tower has just surpassed 200 metres, a milestone. Much more movement with the three Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs), all climbing up, revealing more of the notched shape of the tower. The east RCS up to level 23, the north and west RCSs up to level 22.

Starting with my usual update to my "time-lapse" album on Flickr, then views from the south, including the crane looking like a praying mantis over the tower! A shot from Balmuto to the west, showing the rising west RCS, from in front of Holt Renfrew on Bloor west of Yonge, then shots from Cumberland east of Bay showing the RCSs and 1st mechanical level, with crew. (Forgot to take the usual wide shot from there.) Finally, shots from the intersection of Yonge and Bloor, including a neat light effect - a double-reflection of the sun on the NE corner (also seen in the first shot).

View attachment 559545View attachment 559540View attachment 559539View attachment 559538View attachment 559548View attachment 559546View attachment 559547View attachment 559544View attachment 559543View attachment 559542View attachment 559541
In my top three favourite set of pics of this project yet. WOW.

View attachment 559545View attachment 559540View attachment 559539View attachment 559538View attachment 559548View attachment 559546View attachment 559547View attachment 559544View attachment 559543View attachment 559542View attachment 559541
Do you remember when it was 100m, approximately a year ago?

Back