Toronto The Ninety | 32m | 9s | Harhay | Core Architects

Model Pic.

193539.jpg

The Ninety was on Big City Broker tonight... they sold 80 units or so during a launch event (I forget if it was a brokers event or a public event), wanted to sell 90. repeat is at 1AM I think

Last edited:
The Ninety was on Big City Broker tonight... they sold 80 units or so during a launch event (I forget if it was a brokers event or a public event), wanted to sell 90. repeat is at 1AM I think

haha...Brad should put a model-size of his Rolls-Royce instead.

anyone know where i can find the episodes. the ones listed on HGTV website is not up to date, they only have season 1.

Any updates on this project? They just had a "discount sale" over the weekend, where prices were dropped to opening day levels (reduction of $5k - $25k).

Any updates on this project? They just had a "discount sale" over the weekend, where prices were dropped to opening day levels (reduction of $5k - $25k).

The prices were not dropped to opening day levels, what they did was exactly what all the builders do, they increased prices by the end of August and what they did, was just to reduce the prices to the level before the increase 2 or 3 weeks ago.

From my understanding the project is like 60% sold, they should be starting construction in Spring-Summer 2010

really nice project by the way, in my opinion....

I believe the new structure will build ontop of the warehouse, and to the south of it. A portion of the indoor parking spaces will be reserved for commerical purposes.

A project update for The Ninety

Thank you for purchasing a unit at The Ninety. We wish to further update you as to the progress on the project.

We are pleased to confirm that the project has seen strong sales and is now over 73% sold. We are very happy with the number of sales and the confidence you the Purchaser have shown in this new condominium.

The Queen East neighborhood continues to thrive and develop with many new restaurants, business locating close to The Ninety. Queen East has been described as the "Soho" of Toronto and we remain confident that you will be very pleased to own a unit in this vibrant neighborhood.

We have now completed our "working drawings" that will be used for construction of the building. This process involved finalizing the architectural, mechanical, electrical & structural details of the building. We have now submitted for building permits to begin construction. Based on the typical timing for the City to review, approve these drawings and issue a building permit, we intend to begin demolition and excavation of the south building in May.

We do however confirm that, due to the economic downturn, it has taken longer to achieve the sales needed to begin construction, which in turn has delayed the start of construction. Accordingly, we will need to amend the Tentative Occupancy date for the project to November 1, 2011. Pursuant to Section 14 (c) of the Purchase and Sale Agreement we are required to give you written notice of this revised Tentative Occupancy Date and do so Herein.

We feel strongly that the location and the design of The Ninety is exceptional. We are also confident that an investment in the building will prove to be above average for you the Purchaser and appreciate your faith in this project.

Going forward, as construction begins, we will now begin to do more regular updates, which will be posted on our web site at www.theninety.ca. We will post construction process photos and also set-up a live-eye web cam of the site so you can watch the building being constructed.

Thank you for purchasing a unit at The Ninety.

Yours truly,

Chris Harhay
Vice President

So May is finally approaching. Does anyone know of any updates? If they are to start construction in May, would they have started applying for permits?

I went by the sales office on the weekend... The agent said May 15-ish for demolition of the climbing academy... I believe he also mentioned the windows on the existing warehouse have all been replaced.

I've been watching the building permit status for 90 Broadview at toronto.ca and the permits that were submitted in February for the new building are still "Refused". The one for demolition of the climbing academy is also refused. Hopefully things get sorted out, and construction can start soon.

No, it doesn't give a reason, just the date of the original application date, and the current status. My agent said permits for large buildings are hardly ever approved first time around (unlike small permits for doing home renos) so hopefully the re-application will go smoothly.

You can see the status yourself if you search for "building permit status" at toronto.ca and then type in the address of the building on the status page.

Back