Toronto The Madison | 121m | 36s | Madison Group | Kirkor

Thanks, will share more updates as they come across my desk.

We represent WFM in Canada and handle their real estate development, and Y&E has always been on the radar, yet never materialized. I think this area is a home-run, especially if it's a street-level space.

We represent WFM in Canada and handle their real estate development, and Y&E has always been on the radar, yet never materialized. I think this area is a home-run, especially if it's a street-level space.

Wasn't the empty space where the old TTC bus bay was considered at one point? I seem to recall hearing that.

Yes...there's a large project being planned for that site, saw some threads on this forum about the development.

I doubt it ... the plan to redevelop that area has been long in the making. So such a new store would have to be part of a building ... no such building has been proposed yet. So it would be such a long term future goal along the lines of ... the day when a new buildings comes, whenever that be, whole foods will open up a store in the base. Meh, maybe it's possible.

Like I said, we keep showing them sites in this area. I do hope the bus terminal lands get developed though, such an isore right now....and fits into the intensification plans of the city quite nicely.

It will 100% ;)

Just a matter of time, lots and lots of time possibly :)

Don't hold your breath.

Getting a bit off topic, but I'll add to it by saying that I would indeed not hold my breath for a development on the Yonge-Eglinton TTC land. The office vacancy rate in the area will go up once Canadian Tire moves out, making new office development relatively less attractive for the next couple of years at least. As for large residential projects, although this is a great location, the current climate is making larger projects a good deal more risky than they were even six months ago.

Here's a creative idea: if the bus bay zone's going to be dormant, perhaps temporarily repurpose it as a open-air farmer's market?

I love ideas like that ... it's sad seeing large areas of land sitting vacant. Particularly in a case like this when we know the area will eventually be redeveloped but not likely for a few years at least.

Perhaps additional office & retail space on the TTC lands isn't warranted now, but I can turning it over to public space would benefit the neighbourhood and its residents....Yonge & Eglinton is lacking such space.

City Planning Preliminary Report

Planning staff report to be considered by Toronto + East York Community Council on February 9th:

Proposal includes:
  1. two 21 storey towers on top of a 8 storeys podium, combined height of 29 storeys
  2. 584 residential units
  3. 2 storey retail space along Eglinton Avenue frontage
  4. 6 levels underground parking

When this project is constructed, it will definitely contribute nicely to the Yonge+Eglington neighbourhood :)

EglintonDunfield_sp.jpg

North Elevation - Eglinton Avenue
EglintonDunfield_north.jpg

since Kirkor is now confirmed as architect ...

97 Eglinton Av E @ Dunfield (Madison Homes, 2x 29s, Kirkor)

Back