Toronto The Lanes at O'Connor | 25.91m | 7s | EGC | Turner Fleischer

The midrise isnt bad but the treeless street realm is a huge disappointment

I haven't been by recently, to me, in the pics, as though the sidewalk has had a total re-do.

If it has, and this it the result, it's unacceptable. Period, Full-stop.

I'm hoping this is an interim-state.

I haven't been by recently, to me, in the pics, as though the sidewalk has had a total re-do.

If it has, and this it the result, it's unacceptable. Period, Full-stop.

I'm hoping this is an interim-state.
The City's AIC page for this project doesn't have any of the zoning or site plan approval plans so I couldn't track down a landscape plan. The Plan of Condo application has a minimal site plan showing 5 street trees along O'Connor. I'm hoping as well that it's just an interim condition right now.

The Lanes Site Plan.JPG

Source: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=XU9Ui3OatmLcI1EkTVVP7Q==

I really wish the AIC would keep completed projects info stored as it disappears once the SPA file receives final approval right now, which is frustrating. Same with Minor Variance applications, they disappear once approved which makes it very challenging to look up changes to projects received through the CoA.

We are preparing our annual Best Buildings poll, and are looking for clean shots of each recently completed building to include in it to make it fair. If you are by here in the next short while, please shoot this building from across the street and post it right away!

We are preparing our annual Best Buildings poll, and are looking for clean shots of each recently completed building to include in it to make it fair. If you are by here in the next short while, please shoot this building from across the street and post it right away!

Your call to action is met, sir. On the upside, the building is finished; on the downside, they seem to have forgotten something; in such a way as to inspire the ire of @ProjectEnd LOL; the only thing saving them so far is that PE is rarely seen out in these parts....

Photos taken December 11th, 2021:

1639260279593.png

1639260333819.png

1639260313569.png

1639260366343.png

1639260392131.png

1639260411790.png

So I think what's missing is fairly apparent, for further clarity:

1639260456035.png

1639260472582.png

1639260487115.png

My apologies for some of the shot quality, the wind was really howling and blowing stuff, so I wasn't inclined to spend more time getting perfect angles.

Late reply, but that's a Shakespeare yo mama diss 😄

Twas no such thing! My English is neither as lowly or dated as the Bard's, nor would I ever insult another UT member's mother............publicly.

A big pet peeve: can't they find anywhere else to put the gas lines but front and centre?

IMG_8290.JPG

IMG_8288.JPG
IMG_8297.JPG
IMG_8296.JPG
IMG_8293.JPG
IMG_8292.JPG
IMG_8291.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8289.JPG
    IMG_8289.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 76

Back