Toronto The Globe and Mail Centre | 83.21m | 17s | First Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

very beautiful to see for eyes.
That shape and glass gonna transform the area for the better.

Yeah, it looks top notch. This building is going to do great things for the street experience on this stretch of King E. Much more populated.

Someday perhaps you'll see lots of people streaming down from a Queen/Sherbourne subway stop.

To me, King Street makes a lot more sense for the DRL route than Queen Street. King is a much closer walking distance not only to the financial core (King & Bay), but also to Southcore where most of the new office growth is taking place.

To me, King Street makes a lot more sense for the DRL route than Queen Street. King is a much closer walking distance not only to the financial core (King & Bay), but also to Southcore where most of the new office growth is taking place.

Was going to say the exact same thing but resisted the urge due to being off topic... I think queen is the cheaper/easier route rather than the one that makes the most sense. King is clearly the better route for the DRL, but I'm sure this conversation is already well underway in another thread.

Globe1.jpg
Globe2.jpg
Globe3.jpg
Globe4.jpg
Globe5.jpg
Globe6.jpg

Attachments

• Globe1.jpg
    Globe1.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 1,140
  • Globe2.jpg
    Globe2.jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 1,145
  • Globe3.jpg
    Globe3.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 1,157
  • Globe4.jpg
    Globe4.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 1,118
  • Globe5.jpg
    Globe5.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 1,139
  • Globe6.jpg
    Globe6.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 1,128
I like the G&M building. I just would have liked to have seen the opposite with the black glazing as the protruding boxes.

The black-banded windows are resulting in some interesting optical illusions which are especially evident in @skycandy's third photo above. The illusions will no doubt increase as more of the reflective glazing is installed.

The black banded trim will always emphasize any window instead of white because it acts like a shadow by being dark . Making the window or facade pop out to feel more rich looking than white in my opinion. I give it two thumbs up!!
Does anyone know when this building will be finished and occupied and when they will start the huge development on Front and Spadina Ave ?

Back