Toronto The Garrison at The Yards | ?m | 12s | Onni Group | Wallman Architects

Block 3 3A and 4A is WH3 +4 right? Anyone know whats going on for block 4 and block 2 then?? (see map above)

mckarisma ... Blocks 3A + 3 are WHC3 and WHC4 indeed

Block 2 was acquired by H&R for the development of Neptune 2, which is currently under construction (out of the ground and now on the 3rd floor)

Block 4 is a part of the lands acquired by Onni and its thought to contain 1 condo tower on it ~

for details, refer to BMyers earlier post:
In September 2007 the property known as 22 Bathurst was split into 4 parcels, one being sold to H & R / Lifetime / Lanterra which became part of Neptune 2 (block 2).

The second parcel is to the east bounded by Bastion, Sloping Sky Mews, Fort York and Grand Magazine and will be West Harbour City phases 3 & 4 (90 Sloping Sky Mews and an address on Grand Magazine - blocks 3 & 3A).

The third was sold to Malibu, which will be 20 Bathurst for their LTD site (block 6A).

The fourth was retained by Wittington and later sold to Onni, currently holding the addresses of 70, 75 & 95 Iannuzzi. These holdings include Block 4A which is bounded by Bruyeres Mews, Sloping Sky Mews, Grand Magazine and Iannuzzi, this block will have 1 building. Block 4 to the north of 4A, which will include 1 building. Block 6 to the east of block 4 (north of block 6A - LTD), which will include 2 buildings. The fifth building will be located in the triangular plot of land north of the Gardiner, west of Bathurst.

Exciting to see that corner sprouting up. Does anyone know if historical Fort York has any say on the building height and design of their buildings???

Although I no longer remember who the specific players were, there was a drawn-out battle to reduce heights for all new planned construction around the Fort York site when this neighbourhood was first being contemplated. The reason that the buildings on the north side of the Gardiner, and therefore directly across Fort York Blvd. from the fort, are going to be the lowest of the bunch, is too bring the built form down to a more human scale closer to the fort so as not to overwhelm it... quite so much. Friends of the fort would naturally prefer the historic site not to be quite so dominated by modernity.

I have no problem with what's planned. A decade ago the fort was totally isolated in a declining industrial area, and it's about to be integrated with the city again.

email from Onni:

Thank you for your interest in our new condominium project, Garrison at the Yards by Onni Group, one of Vancouver’s premier new home builders.

We will be located at the corner of Bathurst Street and Fort York Boulevard, directly across from the historical Fort York grounds. Our sales office is currently under construction and is anticipated to open in May 2010.

We will be in contact with you once we have additional information. In the meantime, feel free to contact us via email should you have any additional questions.

Best regards,

Tania Waheed
Sales Representative

Garrison at The Yards
30 Duncan St., Suite 202
Toronto, ON M5V 2C3
|t| 416.260.8200 ext. 407
|f| 416.260.8240

www.onni.com www.theyards.ca

I still can't believe we now have the three condo companies from the dysfunctional De Cotiis family building in Toronto. Could be loads of fun.

Pinnacle seems to do a pretty good product
Amacon I've been pleased from what was shown in the sales office thus far
Onni ... well, we've just got to wait and see ~

I hear they're starting sales shortly for this first building. If price is right, should sell well.

Back