Toronto The College Condominium | 52.73m | 15s | Tribute | Core Architects

I like it.

FYI, floor plans are up on redpin and do not look that bad. Pricing from $560 - $670 sqft.

Here are some pretty sweet scaled model pictures.

2012_11_16_05_18_49_3.jpg

2012_11_16_04_04_26_1.jpg

2012_11_16_04_04_45_2.jpg

Check out the gardened wall, pretty cool eh? Also, loving the driveway design.

Great improvement to the neighbourhood.

Nice model, but, man, that is a Jekyll and Hyde building. The bottom half with the dark brick and coloured glass balconies is sublime. The top half feels like an afterthought that was tacked on to make more money selling more units. If only they would have gone for consitency all the way through.

Any updates on this one - how is it coming along?

I walked by the site yesterday, nothing in particular. The old Buddhist temple (I think that was what was there) is completely gone and there's a small area excavated but nothing else.

Nice model, but, man, that is a Jekyll and Hyde building. The bottom half with the dark brick and coloured glass balconies is sublime. The top half feels like an afterthought that was tacked on to make more money selling more units. If only they would have gone for consitency all the way through.

I agree, looks like Core slapped on a portion of Six50 King for the top part of the building.
I am excited about the coloured balcony panels on the side of the building -- it will look incredible especially in the sunlight. They should have done the same on the other sides. I hope these coloured glass panels doesn't get lost or dimished like at M5V.

These guys are opposed to the Loblaws and Beer Store at this place. Mixed feelings about that. HERE

Complete nonsense. The Market should determine what should go here, not because of special interest for Arbitrary Traditionalism. If it's such a bad idea, they shouldn't worry about people shopping at Loblaws.

Some people prefer to get food from places that have their rat problems under control as well (see New Seaway, Wanda's just recently). I still love the atmosphere of K Market, but it's getting pretty dumpy. A little sterile corporate competition might force business owners to improve the cleanliness of the area just a bit.

K-Market is as commercially appealing as K-Mart was. Its interesting to walk through and I used to stop at the European Market for the best meats.
This is a great development project and area is great with a lot of potential (I had 335 College tied up before).

Interested to see how sales will be.

Anyone else see how the city is making them have a pedestrian connection between college and oxford? YA! go Adam Vaughan! to be honest the discontinuity in the pedestrian realm of Kensington is something that is (imho) holding it back a bit. next step, opening the alleys and putting retail in them!

Last edited:
Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5T 1S2

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 13 190716 FND 00 PP Accepted Date: Jun 26, 2013

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Foundation

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a new 15 storey - 223 residential unit condominium with floors 1-2 consiting of retail units and floors 3-15 residntial units. The proposal will also include 3 levels of underground parking.

PP Zoning Review Not Started
Zone - Other Feuer, Andrew Contact Info
PP Code Review Not Started
Code - Other Ban, Silviu Contact Info

Back