Toronto The Bentway (was Under Gardiner) | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

What should be the permanent name for the park under the Gardiner?

• The Artery

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • The Bentway

Votes: 77 41.8%
  • Under Gardiner

Votes: 52 28.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 43 23.4%

• Total voters
UT's own @AlexBozikovic has just published a discussion about new 'Staging Grounds' project of The Bentway, and the potential for its future roll out to a larger area.

For those seeking more background, I made a series of posts on this project, starting here:

There are some updates on new installations at The Bentway.

IMG_5196.png

More fun stuff from The Bentway. Participation from UofT design students. But what really struck me was the armoury on Fleet Street just to the south. While I have no doubt that the MoD uses this, is there not a way to better utilize this space? One night venue? During Nuit Blanche or Luminato?

I am assuming no change as its presence doesn’t affect nothing operationally.

Big assumption given that any projects will now have to be discussed and okayed by MTO, rather than the City.

Inserting from the Gardiner thread, I guess this rehab work is outside the enclosed section to Strachan.
I wonder if MTO’s jurisdiction extends to the space below The Gardiner? Good point! However I doubt that the Province has any intention of disrupting the Bentway as it is very popular and perhaps more importantly has a very influential patron!

I wonder if MTO’s jurisdiction extends to the space below The Gardiner? Good point! However I doubt that the Province has any intention of disrupting the Bentway as it is very popular and perhaps more importantly has a very influential patron!
I doubt *anyone* (including Doug Ford) would be looking to disrupting the Bentway. I'm referring to the *system* that is MTO bureaucracy as being the aggravator. If the transition to provincial ownership doesn't include details around how a Toronto expressway is managed in light of impossible MTO standards for highways on grade with wide rights-of-way and a high adversity to risk, it's going to make doing anything adjacent or underneath really difficult, if not impossible.

Little plug for The Bentway Skating Trail.

Back