Toronto The Bentway (was Under Gardiner) | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

What should be the permanent name for the park under the Gardiner?

• The Artery

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • The Bentway

Votes: 77 41.8%
  • Under Gardiner

Votes: 52 28.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 43 23.4%

• Total voters
Rob Ford Commons. Moved by Mammo, seconded by DMW. It will be Mikey Ford's first (only?) yes vote.
Old Robbie didn't even know the area under question existed until he was brought there a few years back to see where the Fort York pedestrian bridge would go. It would be funny to name something after him that was totally out of his realm of experience, but not this. It's going to be wonderful if it's done right, and Rob Ford and wonderful are oxymorons. (And I know it was a joke)

Old Robbie didn't even know the area under question existed until he was brought there a few years back to see where the Fort York pedestrian bridge would go. It would be funny to name something after him that was totally out of his realm of experience, but not this. It's going to be wonderful if it's done right, and Rob Ford and wonderful are oxymorons. (And I know it was a joke)

I'm pretty sure that any park anywhere was outside of his realm of experience, unless it was for playing football or drinking Prince Igor vodka. Not that those two activities were mutually exclusive for the current Mayor of Heaven.

We have Nathan Phillips Square named after a previous mayor.

Therefore, I give you Robert Bruce Ford Square (much like Nathan Phillips Square, but with fewer water features and more parked cars):

SteakQueen.jpg

Attachments

• SteakQueen.jpg
    SteakQueen.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 914
Last edited:
I'd prefer to see it left as Under the Gardiner, but if there must be a new name, how about "Gardiner Underarm"?

No worse than any reference Rob Ford in my opinion.

Back