Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

my understanding though is that the ramp is suppose to go down the side closest to the gardiner and beginning slopping down just after simcoe... how are they going to have enough room to do that and a building? The site is already tiny as it is. The render will be fascinating.

I'm not sure why people keep repeating this misconception. The preferred option established through planning studies is a ramp between Rees and Simcoe on the south side of Harbour street. Granted, on the city's page for this project, the documents are a little hard to find.

http://http://www.toronto.ca/involved/projects/yby_interchange/pdf/2010-04-13_panels.pdf

Last edited:
There is an unrelenting negativity at this board that I personally find quite off-putting. Nothing is ever good enough, it seems that that every project, no matter how outstanding, will have its share of detractors.

Tridel is building 300 King West, which is hardly a piece of junk. I am not worried about the quality of the 120 Harbour project.

Tridel is building 300 King West, which is hardly a piece of junk.

What are you basing this on? The thing hasn't even been built yet. I'm still hoping that it isn't completely covered in spandral like the renderings seem to indicate. A spandral covered box isn't exactly what I'm hoping for on the habour front either.

Wow, 75 storeys for that spot seems reasonable, putting it close to 800 ft I would think. Lets hope for a very interesting design! (And that the rumour has more juicy details.. including a potential architect)

Wait this is getting confusing, isnt the building being demo'd the 90 Harbour building? Are these two threads getting people confused, because they sure are getting me confused, perhaps putting the potential developer in the titles might help, to alleviate the confusion.

Wait this is getting confusing, isnt the building being demo'd the 90 Harbour building? Are these two threads getting people confused, because they sure are getting me confused, perhaps putting the potential developer in the titles might help, to alleviate the confusion.

Menkes has 90 Harbour (being demo'd by the day), purchased for $76M. Speculation has been 2-3 towers (the site is larger than it first seems), anywhere from 45-70 stories has been thrown around. Time will tell...

120-130 Harbour is the triangular lot that is currently an impound yard for the police at York St. Tridel has this site. The 50s number for this site has been mentioned since 2009, but would be interesting to see if the 75s rumor is true.

There is also 85 Harbour St, held by Oxford Properties, which will be a 30s office called Water Park Place III (RBC rumoured to be the lead tenant). 60 Harbour St is the site of the Harbour Commission building (and Harbour 60 Steakhouse) which at some point will see some activity too.

Forum member CanadianNational made some sketches of the area, fantasy renders, the plots of land in question and where nearby buildings such as ICE, Infinity, SFC will be:

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...t-(proposals-for-re-use-redevelopment)/page20

I think he's confused because the photo posted is for 90 Harbour but the thread is 120-130 Harbour.

He has a habit of doing that.

You can always report the post, and let moderators know that the post is in the wrong thread.

Last edited:
I think he's confused because the photo posted is for 90 Harbour but the thread is 120-130 Harbour.

Yeah I was confused because with Harbour running east only, and then it being 120 harbour and then going easterly 90 harbour, and the pics being in the wrong thread...all confused me a bit, and a google search of 120 harbour was right at york st, so that didn't help remedy my confusing either, but thanks all for the help, I understand which is which now. For some reason 120 harbour made me think it would be the bigger site than 90, but in fact is is the smaller site. :p

Sept 15
This site will be a bitch for traffic not only on the various streets, but trying to get in and out of this complex.

This project should only see about 30% max parking spaces ratio for the number of units.

The compound is close with the parking lot getting ready to close.

You will have a V point look for the west end, but will about 10 meters plus from the west end of the lot.
6151509765_ab815286cf_b.jpg

6151509289_d9f7b080bb_b.jpg

6151619627_8ecf91366e_b.jpg

6152166668_6b2e5bdc61_b.jpg

6152163004_3ab239b9a7_b.jpg

Back