News   May 03, 2024
 395     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 270     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 149     0 

Toronto: Take it or leave it

Great pics. You really got a workout getting to all those places.

Seriously TOTF, you should publish these photos... compile the best ones and put out a book. Your photos should be out there in print form.

danny e, thanks for pointing that out. Now I can't look at that picture without laughing. :lol

Ganj, publishing these pics has definitely crossed my mind on numerous occasions. A lot of my inspirations and techniques for how I shoot pictures came from looking at published photography books. And putting out a book of my own work would be one of my life goals. I just have to spend some time researching all the ins and outs of publishing a book before getting into that.

But as of now, i'm just content with posting these pics on different forums. Mainly because it seems on these different skyscraper forums there are too many people that don't have a good grasp of Toronto whatsoever...and they tend to make up their opinions based on the negatives stereotypes about the city (ie It's bland, boring and conservative). There always seems to be a lot of negative vibes about T.O. circulating on these forums and I could never understand why. That's why I try to make every picture I take have some emotional element or some truely distinctively urban Toronto elements. I try to show why T.O. is so loved by its citizens. And the work does seem to be having an affect. It's seems that with every new gallery I post at SSP and SSC, the more response i'm getting. And it really pleases me to see this......more for the reputation of the city than the flattering comments. So in the end, T.O. wins. ;)

you're a great ambassador for the city, thanks for taking the pics.

i honestly don't take the opinion of any of those other forums (forumers) seriously because one, they are mostly opinionated, emotional reactions, with little or no fact checking behind their statements. Two, a lot of them are young, un-informed people who obviously haven't seen enough of the world. Three, I find that certain Toronto forumers' (I can only assume they're from Toronto) are truly obnoxious and arrogant, which doesn't help your cause.

It's great to see you're trying convince them otherwise, but I hope you channel your talents beyond just trying to impress a small bunch of people on those forums. You would get greater satisfaction if you got yourself involved in toronto tourism, or any organization within the city's travel and hospitality industry?

For myself, I would like to get involved with attracting convention business to the city, making pitches, and creating promotional material. Alas, I need the guts to do a career change

:eek
I can't stop looking at the black & white, impossibly zoomed in shot of Yonge Street (made it my desktop background). It almost makes Toronto look like Sao Paulo or Hong Kong.

danny e, thanks for pointing that out. Now I can't look at that picture without laughing.

LOL. you should send it to ebaums world. that is one crazy optical illusion.

again, that's some nice work.

Absolutely Fantastic shots...Really..!!

When i get to see photos like these, i really start to miss Toronto- especially considering when i visit, its usually the middle of winter and these sorts of street scenes are not available, or non-existent!!

Thanks so much for the huge effort!

p5

When i get to see photos like these, i really start to miss Toronto- especially considering when i visit, its usually the middle of winter and these sorts of street scenes are not available, or non-existent!!

It really is incredible how the city comes to life in the summer months and how miserable it is in the winter.

Re: Toronto: Take it or leave it

Wicked pictures...as per usual. But my favourite has nothing to do with the city. Its the picture of the little girl with the dandelion in her hand with the dreambox and the arrow pointing to "her". Thats gotta be one of the best and most interestingly abstract compositions I've seen in a while.

Utterly brilliant. I'd love to send you to NY to do a little photo tour.

Nice work. You got some great access to get some of these. Was that all fropm doors open or did you hike up the towers downtown and shoot from window access?

Awesome pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Utterly brilliant. I'd love to send you to NY to do a little photo tour.

I would love to do NYC as well. However, I fear the hassles I might encounter while shooting hundreds of pictures in that city (many of which would include profiled skyscraper shots)....I hear many people are questioned by police while taking pictures because of terrorist concerns. Being a person of indian descent who's visiting from Canada to take pictures of skyscrapers would sound pretty bad in the ears of some NYC cops.

Nice work. You got some great access to get some of these. Was that all fropm doors open or did you hike up the towers downtown and shoot from window access?

Yes, the aerial shots were all taken from either TD, City Hall east tower, Canada Life, and OCAD during doors open.

Back