Toronto Studio and Studio2 on Richmond | 131.06m | 41s | Aspen Ridge | BDP Quadrangle

I walk pass this building a few times a week and still trying to decide if i like it - i love how the podium completes the street wall, the color spandrels and the quirky slanted mullions on the tower; also can't wait to see the stacked cubes become more visible when cladding's finished. But i can't help but wishing they'd used higher quality cladding materials - they look a little too busy on the tower and absolutely horrible on the townhouses fronting Nelson.

The entry to Studio's garage (with a public parking component too) will also make a Melbourne style lane way here highly unlikely.

I can't believe that Toronto still doesn't have a single Melbourne style arcade, especially after all the new construction we have had. You would think at least one developer would see the value of a retail or restaurant arcade/lane way. I guess we'll just have to keep waiting.

I can't believe that Toronto still doesn't have a single Melbourne style arcade, especially after all the new construction we have had. You would think at least one developer would see the value of a retail or restaurant arcade/lane way. I guess we'll just have to keep waiting.

We have enough trouble with retail, restaurants and streetscapes on the main streets. Just look at how awful Nelson is. When we get that right, we can worry about more arcades.

The problem is, once our condo boom is over, our opportunities will be very limited. You have to strike while the iron is hot. We have missed a lot of good opportunities as it is.

23 August 2014: It being a very grim overcast morning, today the colour cheered me up.
84fnOZ2.jpg

I rather like the mustard yellow
CwLG7VH.jpg

Which as mcd's knows, makes you hungry--thankfully the nearby timmies satisfied my wifi cravings :)
MkSlIXV.jpg

jRf85OM.jpg

mffsUq3.jpg

Last edited:
I like those colour choices. Not sure how much of the building they cover, but they look a lot more cheery then then the odd looking colours lining the spectra/quartz condos.

Are they planning to paint the podium cladding a la mercer?? sorry if it's been covered before… can't say I particularly like the bland beige but admit it fits in well in the 2nd last pic above

Back