Toronto Studio and Studio2 on Richmond | 131.06m | 41s | Aspen Ridge | BDP Quadrangle

The street wall does look cool, although I wish they would have chosen brick exterior to blend in better with the OCAD building next door. Would they give the precast some treatment?

From the photos, it actually looked fairly decent, almost like limestone. The project gives off an almost Merchandise Building kind of vibe.

AoD

That's another big plus: getting shade from the elements. Toronto doesn't have enough streets like that, but it's getting better all the time.

I hope you weren't being ironic, because I literally agree with you. More often that not I prefer shade.

The street wall does look cool, although I wish they would have chosen brick exterior to blend in better with the OCAD building next door. Would they give the precast some treatment?

The precast looks horrid up close. A few pages back someone had mentioned that the podium was going to have the appearance of multiple facades, so as to break up the length of the podium and not have it appear too overwhelmingly monolithic. Unfortunately that's exactly what's happening here. It's as if the inspiration were the crappy "Infinity" towers: http://livehigh.com/uploads/condos/slideshow/Infinity_I-highrise-Conservatory_Group-1855-30_Grand_Trunk_Crescent-Toronto-Downtown-Waterfront-Condos-15.JPG

Such a shame. I hate how Richmond and Adelaide get treated like "ass" arteries/streets.

27 April 2014: I agree the precast looks appalling up close. Time to pull out that Galaxy Camera 2 I guess?
Ok why not :)

hUpeMBn.jpg

GY7xvpZ.jpg

bD1OSai.jpg

ZrzFcEr.jpg

N4FNqJw.jpg

sox1MPF.jpg

1Krp44x.jpg

From the article, "A slight variation in shades has been used for the precast which helps to break up and articulate the almost block-long north podium façade."

It must be a VERY slight variation. The two sections of precast appear to be the same shade...

Taken May 04, 2014

020.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

026.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

040.jpg

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 806