Mississauga Stonebrook Condominiums | ?m | 18s | United Lands | Dietrich Boecker

G

gbelan

another clarkson note,the sales centre for stonebrook condo
at lakeshore and southdown is under construction.

^ Is it just me or is it taking a long time for the StoneBrook sales office to be contructed? Everyday since June I've passed and there are always 12+ guys working on it from when I pass at 8am and return around 4:30-5pm. They've just seemed to get all the walls up now and most of the glass installed. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to build the actual buildings.

Stonebrook Condo (18 FL)

March 4-09
http://www.unitedlands.com/stonebrookcondos/

3330480894_a48e3b97c6_b.jpg

3330481498_c21f40d1b2_b.jpg

3330481388_026f6c66b0_b.jpg

3330481286_31bab6a75d_b.jpg

3330481186_2bd4fb374d_b.jpg

3329647159_56590b5b19_b.jpg

Last edited:
thx drum, good progress on this one, which is almost completely off the radar here at UT...

I was sure we had a thread on this one, but I can't find it anywhere. There are two of these towers planned for this site. Anyone know if the second one is also "a go"? I know I've seen the rendering below before, but here it is again:

3331363628_61dd3c6225_o.jpg

Lots of bland, slab-like midrises get ignored on UT... not sure why

Look how far the parking garage extends outside the building footprint. Certainly not a place you want to invest in long term.

Well if they're building a second tower, that's probably why the underground parking is large.

I also thought there was a thread for this one, as it was on this forum that I saw the render I believe.

Look how far the parking garage extends outside the building footprint. Certainly not a place you want to invest in long term.

Don't understand your point....:confused:

The front door of this project is a 30 second walk to the Clarkson GO station...for that reason alone, it's probably a good place to invest....

/even if you are not crazy about the design of the tower, which I am not either.....

A large amount of the south side is part of a park that the city let them intrude into during construction. The intruded land + more land is going back to the park, with more upgrades. Before it was pretty much just a patch of grass with some benches.

I believe this is also the north tower so I expect that some of that parking will also be used for the south one.

Sales have been really slow for this one. I remember seeing their ads from a few years ago, is it because the neighbourhood is rather transient with all the rentals nearby?. How is the safety of the area? Maybe it's just too close to manufacturing and industrial plants?

I think this one will stick out in the clarkson village area as all the other highrises are rather old but sales should be better since they started selling way back before the recession.

Last edited:
^ yes, neighbourhood is pretty transient.
area's pretty sketchy.
yeah, pretty close to manufacturing and industrial (wonderful view of the petro canada oil refinery to the south)

I wouldn't say the area is sketchy. I think it's more because the are is a lower middle class working neighbourhood and doesn't really offer any big "incentives" for living there compared to somewhere else with similarly priced units, like MCC or Port Credit. The only draw is the fact that it's right next to the GO station. And it hasn't really been without comeptition since there are two other large townhouse developments within walking distance of the site.

Back