Toronto Stockyards District Residences | 35.5m | 10s | Marlin Spring | Graziani + Corazza

Like, what is going on here? Does this unit just not get windows?

1630587844821.png

It's entirely possible, because these ghouls already did precisely this on the Danforth:

1630587924820.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is turning out better than I imagined. If they could do it properly, it's a nice template for infill across the city.

I wish more developers would use brick.

Like, what is going on here? Does this unit just not get windows?

View attachment 346025

It's entirely possible, because these ghouls already did precisely this on the Danforth:

View attachment 346026

The white panels on this project might get swapped out. I noticed some white panels were installed in mismatched places a few weeks or months ago. There was one such instance at the southeast corner on the upper floors. The white panel was replaced with glass recently.

They're not quite the same colour as the spandrel panels that form vertical stripes across the facade, so hopefully they're just temporary.

Not quite sure what's up here.........

From the lobbyist registry:

Details for Subject Matter Registration: SM32614​

Business/Organization name

Marlin Spring Developments
Decision(s) or issue(s) to be lobbied

2306 St. Clair Avenue West

1637944985076.png

Not quite sure what's up here.........

From the lobbyist registry:

Details for Subject Matter Registration: SM32614​

Business/Organization name

Marlin Spring Developments
Decision(s) or issue(s) to be lobbied

2306 St. Clair Avenue West

View attachment 365560
I would hope they would start with removing and replacing all those windows with something better with far less ass back painting.

Thanks for the updates. It's actually turning out quite handsomely in my opinion. The mismatched white panels you identified in your earlier post were, indeed, replaced with regular cladding panels.

I visited someone who lives in the subdivision next door recently. The terraced part of the building makes for a really nice vista from the side streets there. The brick cladding harmonizes nicely with its surroundings.

The forecourt on Symes Road with its numerous setbacks is also turning out to be surprisingly interesting and metropolitan.

Ya know, @ProjectEnd 's take notwithstanding, I don't hate this..............the mismatched colour-tones on the brick are awful.......but otherwise.......it's passable.

The St.Clair frontage is perhaps the weakest part, a bit too munch unadorned brick.....but that's pretty fixable down the line.

There's lots that could be better; but I'm not hating this.

Back