Toronto Stanley Condominiums | 138.37m | 41s | Tribute | Core Architects

I read on FB that the OMB knocked them down to 32 stories, take that for what it's worth. Surveyors have also been working on site, including the surface parking lot to the north, so something is up.

I read on FB that the OMB knocked them down to 32 stories, take that for what it's worth. Surveyors have also been working on site, including the surface parking lot to the north, so something is up.
According to the OMB website this case is still at mediation (Case PL140475 ) It's not over until the fat lady sings ....

What FB page did you read this on dt_toronto_geek? Was it Tribute Communities itself?

Why would the OMB do that? There's no reason whatsoever to not give them 45 storeys here.

Why would the OMB do that? There's no reason whatsoever to not give them 45 storeys here.

Maybe it is because a taller tower would cast shadows on the public school playground just one block north of this site. This is the excuse that is always given for chopping down tall tower proposals in the Yorkville area (not allowed to cast shadows on Jesse Ketchum public school yard).

This is the excuse that is always given for chopping down tall tower proposals in the Yorkville area (not allowed to cast shadows on Jesse Ketchum public school yard).

It's not an excuse, it's a very good reason. Good city planning takes various factors into account.

I think it's safe to say that schoolchildren having some sunlight in their schoolyard for recess time is more important than allowing another ~10 storeys of condos for Tribute on a project that already has 32 storeys of units. Because clearly we have such a shortage of condos downtown and far too many schoolyards...

Last edited:
I agree with the need for schoolchildren to have sunlight, but wasn't the original design of the building at its original height meant to alleviate shadowing? Was the tapering at the top enough to help with the issue?

I count 38 or 39 storeys in that, 37 of which are residential (according to the 'Tower Floorplans brochure). Still looks ok but a bit stubby.

Back