Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

This tower has awesome lines, so slim and tall. When more of the cladding is installed we will have an even better idea how this project will look upon completion.

There it is behind the pencil box of the OCAD

URL=http://img101.imageshack.us/i/dscn5537d.jpg/]
dscn5537d.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nice photos all!
this is such a tall tower, with such a low profile.... to most people on the streets, nothing really separates this one from any other tower, whereas something like Aura, or even shangri-la is just right in your face.
surely this will change with the onion dome + spire being visible from a distance as well as attracting attention from ground level :D

breathtaking and cinematic photos lxmoss!
holy cow! this thing is sexy in that last pic! super slim, and the green glass on the east wall looks amazing! from that shot, the glass looks like it even outshines Commerce Court West.
haters.... hate below this line

Does anyone have contact with the contractors @ Trump? the mis-matched glass panels on the west elevation of the 2 sky lobby levels really stick out like a sore thumb to this date .... this can't possibly be a "design statement" can it ???

EDIT: thanks for the answer Ramako !! (oops ... looks like I missed wopchop's previous post)

Last edited:
Does anyone have contact with the contractors @ Trump? the mis-matched glass panels on the west elevation of the 2 sky lobby levels really stick out like a sore thumb to this date .... this can't possibly be a "design statement" can it ???

From last month:

They are temporary replacement panels. The proper glass will be installed later when we go back to reglaze all the other broken windows / granite.

So no, they were not mismatched on purpose ;) I believe that I might have mentioned earlier that any mismatched cladding that you see is temporary. Can't recall.

that photo got me thinking again...
Am i the only one who finds it JAW DROPPING how insanely tall/skinny the original 70 storey proposal would look if built today?... holy cow...

Photo by lxmoss:
hope he didn't mind.

5837011219_9ee9826f10_b.jpg

Back