Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

My walk in this morning
dscf0252.jpg

dscf0250e.jpg

dscf0254mp.jpg

You can just make out the gentle curve of the building from Jarvis & Adelaide:

5614517137_c8599433e2_z.jpg

I love this view!
I wonder if a complete Shangri-La (with it's angled glass panels) would make much of an impact here? Maybe only b/c of the fluorescent pink hoarding?

not sure if this was posted by anyone earlier... superb aerial photo from TTT's facebook page, even though its nearly 2 months out of date:

208710_10150098116072824_90955842823_5438883_4923682_n.jpg

I'm still amazed at how tight of a spot they picked to build this tower..
I still think it looks shoved in there and would have looked better on a different block than the gargantuan Scotia Plaza, and a spitball away from BAC.

I still think it looks shoved in there and would have looked better on a different block than the gargantuan Scotia Plaza, and a spitball away from BAC.

It's hard to imagine that on this tiny space, Trump will be a 900 plus footer. It's close to topping out BAC. It'll be interesting to see how the finished building will match with its neighbors. I think from most angles, SP will still appear considerbly taller than Trump., easpecially the view from the east and the south. From the west Trump may appear taller. Can't wait till this project is finished.

I agree.

I also think alot of the views are going to be very limited.

With about 10 floors to go, these remaining floors will push Trump past B-A to roughly 240 metres, which is on par with the roof of Commerce Court West. The quarter onion dome will push the height close to 260 metres, with the actual spire bringing Trump to a final height of 282 metres. It's pretty difficult to visualize what the final product will look like, but I anticipate a surprisingly different look to the skyline. It's a shame the design was so shoddily developed however.

Last edited:
In the above photo is that the re-cladding of FCP looks completely finished. The new corners definitely do a good job of adding some visual interest to the skyline.

wow, never knew about this angle (cause i never walk on that side of richmond!), probably the best view in the house of the bay adelaide centre.... one nice skyscraper,

and that is a real great shot of our CBD by Trump's facebook! my only complain is the drop off our financial district has on the east side. in this shot it ain't look so bad since it's so high up, but the composition of the east cbd view never really comes together imo.... btw: the rest of the bay adelaide towers and canada tower should really beef up the cbd as well as join it up with Simpson tower cluster,... but also add a whole lotta blue glass (which could turn out really overdone).

Back