Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

74387_161138603919595_110447845655338_343823_2809608_n.jpg

Looking at this picutre I think there is a fair bit of room for future development in the core. Especially along Richmond St, between Church and York. There are probably enough suitable sites for at least a dozen more 500'ers.

Well there haven't been many projects since the great depression, if you mean Fall of 2008. But this one started well before that, so its not in your timeline. Anyway, I think its fairly good. So I guess I disagree with everything.

Looking at this picutre I think there is a fair bit of room for future development in the core. Especially along Richmond St, between Church and York. There are probably enough suitable sites for at least a dozen more 500'ers.

well.... the Richmond-Adelaide proposal (if it gets built), will be a nice touch and so will whatever's going up at the sapphire site... I wouldn't say going all the way east to church but maybe one day...

If you ask me, the financial district should not be a priority when it comes to new growth/density... I mean, any more towers added to it make the rest of the skyline look small in comparison.

***Looking at sodapop's first shot, my eyes are playin tricks on me... Is the setback really that huge on the east side??? its a bit hard to tell with the weatherwall... I know it'll look different when you're looking directly at it (because its a slanted setback) , but from the intersection/corner, its looks crazy! The slim tower, just got slimmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

well.... the Richmond-Adelaide proposal (if it gets built), will be a nice touch and so will whatever's going up at the sapphire site... I wouldn't say going all the way east to church but maybe one day...

If you ask me, the financial district should not be a priority when it comes to new growth/density... I mean, any more towers added to it make the rest of the skyline look small in comparison.

Steveve, you're right. After looking at this arial, courtesy of ed007toronto, there are still years worth of surface parking to develop in the core. I wonder when The Star and LCBO are going to give in and sell their lots?

potd-Pinnacle53rd.jpg

The updates today are EPIC Hypnotoad!!!. The brand new setback looks interesting. Not sure what to think of it yet! I guess i'm to used to the boring east facade. I believe from here up (where the setback starts), all four sides of the tower will be clad in glass :D

Great pics Hypnotoad. It is good to see that the weatherwall has been moved above the setback. Floor plans show the setback and the angled east wall of the residential floors:

Ziggy said:
Ask and you shall receive!

Trump6.png

Actually those floor plans are old... Or so the guy that is working on construction on Trump told me. So, the floor count is off.

Back