Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Was there ever a scale model of the building as it's being constructed today, or only the original design?

Nope no new models. The last model we had built was the 70-story version of the tower in 2005 I believe. It's still up in the sales office at 120 Adelaide. We also have a couple of smaller models that are currently in other offices overseas.

And yes, it has taken a long time for this building to see reality. The original developer and Ritz fell apart in 2002. There were very few buyers in the Ritz development. They all had their money returned.

Talon took over the development in 2003, made many changes and the new plans as a Trump International Hotel & Tower were announced in March 2004. We opened for sales in September 2004. It's been a long road, but a very rewarding one to see the tower rising as it has. And yes, some of our original purchasers in 2004 and 2005 are still with us and very excited about its nearing completion. I'll be honest, the building is going to be much nicer inside than I ever imagined it would be. We've gone through many, many changes... and in the end, it is going to be quite spectacular. Most developers cut a lot of corners, and Talon has done the opposite. Yes, I'm biased, but we've put many years and effort into this. It's fun to see it coming to fruition!

^ not cutting corners? what about on that horrid looking straight out of the Pinnacle Centre glass?

Ya, and the blank wall on the east side? To me, that is cutting corners. Although, I'm sure by cutting corners, they meant the interiors :(

The glass on Trump is curtainwall, and far superior to anything on Pinnacle, which I will admit that I also like.

The further up the glass gets on Trump, the greater the impact it's quality will have on those looking up from below. Hard to tell now with the unfinished base, open and dirty windows.

We also have a couple of smaller models that are currently in other offices overseas.

ha! thats awesome.. i wonder what people do with them. does anyone know what happens to the model(s) in the future?. who keeps them? (donald trump?)

And i've actually never seen the current sales centre (120 Adelaide) before. if someone has any photos that would be great? :D

Going back to the video TheSlabrat posted on youtube (still don't know how he got up there). I was watching it again and noticed at about 4:27 seconds in to the video, you could see the curved wood forming for the curved balcony. he actually walks right on it.. the video was recorded in july at about level 32 (where the roof was)... the balcony was there all along...we just never noticed it till we saw it in real life :D!: cool..

[video=youtube;AosRf2ODUzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AosRf2ODUzY[/video]

Nope no new models. The last model we had built was the 70-story version of the tower in 2005 I believe. It's still up in the sales office at 120 Adelaide. We also have a couple of smaller models that are currently in other offices overseas.

Can you confirm that the buidling will be 57 levels?

Cool video Steveve. Thanks for reposting it. However, I can't give it two thumbs up, the way I would with one of Caltrane's videos, becuase the videographer didn't say "Guy" enough.

:p

i wish theSlabrat would post another video on youtube, i believe he only has this 1 video on his channel. i'd kill to go to the top of the building!

Urban Toronto people! get up there!!!!!! do a tour :D

Trump tower and friends... taken today:

5013090517_c9021cee55_o.jpg

Urban Toronto people! get up there!!!!!! do a tour :D

Trump has not seen fit to open their doors to us yet. Apparently they owe us nothing for all the free publicity we generate for them. Can't we all just get along?

Back