Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I'm kind of disappointed with the lower portion of the east side. Would it not have made more sense to clad it like the south and west sides, with the windows and such, considering its visibility from Adelaide?

Mmmm.... not sure why the designer made it that way but i guess it would be awkward for vents and glass to be combined... But as we get further up in the tower (on the east side) there will be windows and glass!

Show me any building under construction in the city who is that dirty. what about the Ritz, the Festival tower,just to mention two, wait till Donald gets in to town it will be cleaned.

Show me any building under construction in the city who is that dirty. what about the Ritz, the Festival tower,just to mention two, wait till Donald gets in to town it will be cleaned.

Chill dude, you got your answer. These are construction workers, not window washers, who are carefully installing materials shipped from halfway around the world. Things get dirty along the way, they'll be cleaned soon enough.

4323937458_0c21778549_b.jpg

I love this photo.

From this perspective the base of Trump seems to mirror the base of the BAC - it reflects a stone facade giving way to a recessed wall of glass. Although this was likely unintentional on Zeidler's part since Trump was designed before BAC, it's still a pleasant happenstance.

Thanks for all the kind words :D

I love this photo.

From this perspective the base of Trump seems to mirror the base of the BAC - it reflects a stone facade giving way to a recessed wall of glass. Although this was likely unintentional on Zeidler's part since Trump was designed before BAC, it's still a pleasant happenstance.

I agree, its classical modernism at ground level, but when Trump gets higher up, its gonna be all glass (JUST LIKE Bay Adelaide Centre!)

Trumps building up a real good street wall! :D

Here's some videos i took yesterday! (i hope it works!):

[video=youtube;47K80t6IQW8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47K80t6IQW8[/video]

[video=youtube;bqHCXwqlEp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqHCXwqlEp0[/video]

[video=youtube;8uTht8uuVtk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uTht8uuVtk[/video]

Enjoy :D

Photos i took over the past while...

Timeline of Trump International Hotel and Tower Toronto:

March 27, 2009 (work on the 3rd floor):
3391754109_5c9a42510f.jpg

May 23, 2009 (work on the 5th floor and Trump curtain wall is going up):
3559885699_e6630e9531.jpg

June 13, 2009 (work on the 6th floor and Trump curtain wall is fully operational):
3621776037_89fe7f0433.jpg

July 13, 2009 (work on the 8/9th floor and I got a new camera :) ) :
3720017577_2e1152bb82.jpg

September 3, 2009 (Trump can't fit in the frame anymore... working on the 11th floor):
3887873008_33ec64c08e.jpg

February 1, 2010 (cladding. Big jump!)

4323213871_91415aace1.jpg

All photos by me: steveve

Enjoy-

As you can see... the progress really started picking up after the first few floors were complete! According to Trumps website, in spring time we should be finishing the 29th floor (which is the last hotel floor i think) :D

wow, I just got my construction fix for the whole day on just this thread. thx for the effort of making and posting all these vids and pics! Bay and Adelaide sure is a loud intersection...

Back