Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

It will be interesting to see how they deal with this. The parking lot will be lit, and likely in line with most new condo lots very well lit. It will be interesting for those windows that only partially cover a parking area opening if they will appear to be only partially bright. In additon the windows that cover only concrete sections will be dark all the time, unless lit somehow as noted above.

I understand how the curtain wall is really just for show in this section and structured so that it appears like normal floors, but it will be interesting to see what the final effect is.

IMG_dec-20-09-0074.jpg

I have no issue with this colour so far. Once more goes up, it maybe a different story. Nice to see something different.
IMG_dec-20-09-0077.jpg

IMG_dec-20-09-0079.jpg

Wow, look at the distortion of the glass. Is this normal ?

Wow, look at the distortion of the glass. Is this normal ?

With any mirror, the further away you are from the mirror, the worse any distortions will appear (since the slight differences in angle of reflection from point to point on the mirror have a greater distance to take effect). Since this photo appears to be a telephoto shot from a considerable distance away, any departures from perfect flatness in the glass will appear greatly magnified compared to how they would appear from closer up. I am guessing that the glass is actually fairly flat, but a shot from (say) across the street would be needed to confirm this.

Walking along the north side of Adelaide (east of Bay) you can see up to the third floor of Trump and see those windows from the inside. It looks like they've been sandblasted, so that light does come through them, but you can't really see out of them. It should make for an interesting effect at night, when the parking levels are lit up, since it'll just be a diffuse light coming from within and you won't see the tail ends of Bentley's lined up along the wall.

With any mirror, the further away you are from the mirror, the worse any distortions will appear (since the slight differences in angle of reflection from point to point on the mirror have a greater distance to take effect). Since this photo appears to be a telephoto shot from a considerable distance away, any departures from perfect flatness in the glass will appear greatly magnified compared to how they would appear from closer up. I am guessing that the glass is actually fairly flat, but a shot from (say) across the street would be needed to confirm this.

HUH????

Nice try Mongo...

This IS from across the street. Where else could it have been shot from such a low angle?

IMG_dec-20-09-0077.jpg

(courtesy drum118)

It is still the case that the further away you are from a flat mirror, the more obvious any departures from perfect flatness become. If the 'window' is just across the street from the camera, then it is indeed quite non-flat.

I understand how the curtain wall is really just for show in this section and structured so that it appears like normal floors, but it will be interesting to see what the final effect is.

It will look much better than having slanted windows thats for sure... The building would look really messy/off balance if there were slanted windows!

It should look very nice concealed and parallel to the ground :)

Yes, I believe we are. I've been counting each floor as it is constructed and that's the floor I think they are on. Of course, the parking garage "level 7" and some other floors had complicated structures and varied ceiling heights, so "17th floor" needs to be taken with a grain of salt.:cool:

It appears that they are installing supports, right beside the windows/cladding that was put up, for the granite.

They've got another window and the first piece of stone up. When I went by it was too dark to really get a feeling for the colour or texture of it, but it looks like it's broken up by horizontal lines.

I saw the granite tonight - the detailing looked sharp but i would need to see it in the day lighting before I can decide if i love it or not

Back