Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Just get an agent to pull up the numbers. Anyways, I was reading an agent's blog and he posted all the sales data for the Ritz, 4Seasons, Trump and Shangri La. Trump data was pathetic. It also confirmed the stories I had heard about it.

Khristopher's question is a valid one - "just get an agent to pull up the numbers" doesn't really back up your claim. If, as you claim, "not a single unit has been sold resale" then I would have thought that news would have been reported on. Who is the agent who pulled this information for you? You then refer to an agent's blog (please provide the link) with the sales data for Trump. You say that Trump sales are pathetic - does that mean resales were poor or non-existent? I wouldn't be surprised if sales of units in Trump have been poor, but it seems somewhat surprising that there have been absolutely *no* resales. Where is this blog that confirms your claim that ""not a single unit has been sold resale"? If true, this is quite incredible. I suppose the fact that the numbers don't work, and the litigation, can scare off buyers.

I can't believe this building was completed years ago and still has mismatched glass.

I also can't believe the city can't force them to complete their work.

No one wanted to work on it because of the lawsuit. There were some settlements recently, so perhaps that might change soon.

Khristopher's question is a valid one - "just get an agent to pull up the numbers" doesn't really back up your claim. If, as you claim, "not a single unit has been sold resale" then I would have thought that news would have been reported on. Who is the agent who pulled this information for you? You then refer to an agent's blog (please provide the link) with the sales data for Trump. You say that Trump sales are pathetic - does that mean resales were poor or non-existent? I wouldn't be surprised if sales of units in Trump have been poor, but it seems somewhat surprising that there have been absolutely *no* resales. Where is this blog that confirms your claim that ""not a single unit has been sold resale"? If true, this is quite incredible. I suppose the fact that the numbers don't work, and the litigation, can scare off buyers.

Unfortunately, conjecture and baseless speculation are TKE's bread and butter. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if he were able to provide reliable information supporting his claim.

I would never consider buying anything that was associated with Trump.

I wouldn't exactly say that. The Donald aside, the 'Trump' brand of towers have a pretty successful and reputable profile as far as hotel and residential properties are concerned. In fact, they sit at the higher end of the scale, especially with everything offered within their respective buildings (service, finishes, amenities, etc.). Unfortunately in Toronto's case, this serves as a poor example.
I'm sure the problems we see in the building (namely the finer details that appear to be major to us), such as the light strip or the mismatched panels have very little to do with the Trump brand itself nor Donald Trump. While light strip is taking a ridiculously long time to complete (I remember a May 2015 date being mentioned), I'm sure this doesn't effect the experience occupants have with the building in any way. But simply poor management and handling by the developer who is taking their time 'finishing' the building.
As far as most people are concerned, the hotel and residential units still rank amongst the best in the city. I take the people who have an opportunity stay and live here are pretty happy campers.

i enjoy the colour of this building... the idea wasn't bad, the name on the top and the execution are not good though. Also I guess having money has nothing to do with taste those photos awhile back in a story about some of the furnished suites they were trying to sell... god those interiors were bad... like so bad.

Unfortunately, conjecture and baseless speculation are TKE's bread and butter. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if he were able to provide reliable information supporting his claim.

I guess I made one too many negative comments about aA, huh? You've been following me around ever since.

I wouldn't exactly say that. The Donald aside, the 'Trump' brand of towers have a pretty successful and reputable profile as far as hotel and residential properties are concerned. In fact, they sit at the higher end of the scale, especially with everything offered within their respective buildings (service, finishes, amenities, etc.). Unfortunately in Toronto's case, this serves as a poor example.
I'm sure the problems we see in the building (namely the finer details that appear to be major to us), such as the light strip or the mismatched panels have very little to do with the Trump brand itself nor Donald Trump. While light strip is taking a ridiculously long time to complete (I remember a May 2015 date being mentioned), I'm sure this doesn't effect the experience occupants have with the building in any way. But simply poor management and handling by the developer who is taking their time 'finishing' the building.
As far as most people are concerned, the hotel and residential units still rank amongst the best in the city. I take the people who have an opportunity stay and live here are pretty happy campers.

For the most part it is about Donald. His name being on the project is a negative for me. There are so many other options in the price range that his projects are in, if I had the money to buy in that range why would I choose his project?

There's scaffolding up at the penthouse levels now. Could they be continuing the grey trim over the onion dome?

The scaffolding is probably to access the titanium-zinc cladding on the roof of the onion dome. There was previously remedial work to be done, which I don't believe was ever completed, so it's possible that this is the continuation of that.

Back