Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I'm also disappointed by how the selection of dark green glass obscures the black mullions that are clearly visible in the rendering. Had the mullions been more prominent, it would have given the tower some much needed finer-grain detailing.

Architecturally, this entire tower is a complete and utter failure from top to bottom. I've rarely seen such a lack of execution on so many levels.

Thankfully it's not strikingly ugly in the traditional sense. Unless you're scrutinizing it up close, it kind of just fades into the background.

Just a thought but the reason to me for this effect in the render is based on how the building would have reflected had kpmg not been there. i like kpmg but its really in the way of trumps best feature.. the entire north side. maybe take down the big kpmg and leave the little one when its built.

Just a thought but the reason to me for this effect in the render is based on how the building would have reflected had kpmg not been there. i like kpmg but its really in the way of trumps best feature.. the entire north side. maybe take down the big kpmg and leave the little one when its built.

Are you suggesting that Brookfield demolish a newly-built, fully-tenanted, million+ square foot office tower so that we can all get a better view of Trump Tower?

yes i am... lol but quite beyond obvious it wouldnt make much sense to do so. If cities have buildings/ sky scrappers wich have stand out features why would they then hide them. never understood that especially with this project as example. I know KPMG was built first.

Last edited:
The fact that BA East will further box Trump in is a good thing. I think Trump is mediocre at best, but the photo on the last page from NPS is one of the few places you can get a clear view of most of the building, so even it was a masterpiece it's not as if all that many people would even notice it. Who knows, if there is redevelopment northwest of Bay and Adelaide, maybe even that view will be gone?

Are you suggesting that Brookfield demolish a newly-built, fully-tenanted, million+ square foot office tower so that we can all get a better view of Trump Tower?

Wrong thread, but B&A is still not fully occupied. There are two entire empty lower floors (around 5 & 6, I think).

Maybe it`s a good thing the light feature still isn`t finished (and at this rate possibly never will be). It would only draw attention to the unfinished Trump sign on the top and the many other shortcomings of this building, and the man it`s named after.

Most of the defence of this building point out the crown and spire, but due to the chunky mess of mechanical floors at the top, most of the impact is lost. From many angles it looks flat roofed in silhouette, and the spire could just be an antenna on the roof. Truly a failure in every regard.

Most of the defence of this building point out the crown and spire, but due to the chunky mess of mechanical floors at the top, most of the impact is lost. From many angles it looks flat roofed in silhouette, and the spire could just be an antenna on the roof. Truly a failure in every regard.

Agreed. That's what bugs me most about the tower. The mechanical box utterly ruins the crown. It detracts from it so much. If the crown were raised up another 30 feet or so, it would balance the top out more nicely. The building also would have looked much better if it went ahead at its original height, and implemented the set backs that were supposed to be part of the design. I really don't understand how many people here can't see how poorly the crown was pulled off.

Those are the same test patterns that I saw last summer a few times, but my view of Trump is limited from where I live, mostly blocked by BAC1.

Back